Carvon Discussion

Still looking like chris will get you those hangers by the end of the week?

Called, texted…did not get a reply. Summoning enough confidence to machine it on my own mini CNC

Welp I just spend all my money on focboxes and a set of v4’s, ,lol looks like I need postpone these.

Hey @LEVer, Since you’re updating. How are the EVO SDR 2WD completes with @longhairedboy coming along? I’m drooling over the 4WD model that @HI-DEF-DEPOT has been showing off. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ll take this chance to jump in line too. I’ve sent an email to support and posted here about the stator on one side of my v4 speed drive r having a small amount of movement.

Could I get reason on what’s causing it, how I can stop it and will it damage the drive more if left?

Here is another little Carvon 4WD video while you guys wait…I knew Jerry would come through for you guys he’s a good man and only wants the best for all…

3 Likes

To be honest, the 4WD will be out first since we already have the enclosure for it. We are deciding on which enclosure to use for the EVO 2wd, but we will decide within this week. Then order the enclosures.

Also, the EVO 2wd will have the new Falcon deck. We want the 2wd to look different from the 4wd

5 Likes

This is the first time I’ve heard of stator movement but will look into it now.

I have a small video showing it somewhere posted on the forums I think. Otherwise when I get home I can forward it to you

Nice…looking safe!:+1:

2 Likes

I saw it. I think this is one of Miguel’s motor.

@LEVer Pm’d you

Is this for R or XL or both? If our drives have not shipped do we just buy one set per drive, and you do the needful?

Interesting decision. I hadn’t heard of the EVO Falcon. Will customers be able to choose the original EVO over the Falcon? At 6’ 1", I’m used to riding 40" boards. The standing platform of the Falcon just seems too short to me.

1 Like

@Lever great to heat the good progress, difficult getting these out the door but looks like you have found a path.

Hoping forum members will keep the Q&A reasonable so that you can also stay on point regarding deliverables.

Would ask forum members who are not actual customers awaiting fulfillment to hold their commentary to a reasonable level so that @LEVer can put all his efforts on current existing actual customer orders. Especially as we are reminded by @treenutter this is a group buy thread.

Thank you.

7 Likes

It’s both. If your drives have not shipped yet, we will put the extended wheel inserts for you.

3 Likes

But guys, underneath the urethane is the 3mm wall steel flux ring. It’s not the motor yet. You can take off the urethane and the motor will still be protected by this steel flux ring, which is the same as the idea of using a “fully covered metal sleeve that is replaceable”.

It’s even better than the V3 since the V3 only had a 1mm wall steel flux ring. So if you’re really having issues with heat, and you didn’t mind the V3 setup, then by all means rip out the urethane. This is DIY, so build as you prefer.

5 Likes

If you ordered from us already, you get to choose either one of the Evo decks. For new customers, the EVO 2wd R will be on the Falcon.

We still plan to come up with the EVO 2wd XL and that would be on the longer Evo. Just don’t know status on XL drives. :pensive:

3 Likes

Thanks dude! I’m actually going to be away for now since I need to get ready before the shipping guys pick up the stuffs from here. Be back later.

5 Likes

Thanks for getting back in touch with you backers and customers. Even if it’s not “hey voila! I am sending your boards or others tomorrow !” it feel nice to get feedback. I will finally be able to sleep well ! :slight_smile: A big thank You !!

3 Likes