Carvon Discussion

I have no news about the EVO that I’m holding back. Literally know nothing that can’t be read somewhere above

Happy to see you’re receiving service, but I got my EXO back in February (had to downgrade from pro to standard during the IGG just to get the board sooner), before the upgraded urethane sleeves and remachined wheel adapters, and I’m STILL waiting for @LEVer to send me the new parts…:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Not even harassing the dude - I’ve been :100: understanding - but this is unbelievable. I wouldn’t be surprised if all those IGG exo chargebacks led to stock opening up for the online store :roll_eyes:

So its the battery pack having issues fitting the deck, they could have posted that months ago, saying they are working on a solution. It would have saved them from losing customers…

1 Like

It is a Jerry thing that we cannot control. I’m sure we’ve all advised him to post updates, but as @b264 has said, it’s his choice to run the customer relations part of his business like this which sheds a negative light.

I chose to assist him by relaying messages and stuff, but there’s only so much I can do without knowing all the facts. I think his thought process is that he doesn’t update unless there’s positive news, so if solutions are still being sought out, he holds back on updates

3 Likes

Well, I pulled out of this project. Good product or not, if communication is this bad from the start I am now totally scared of what comes down the line when people need support for said product.

3 Likes

So these extended wheel adapters are being offered online for $30? Is this an upgrade? Or something the motors need to operate correctly?.. If it’s the second, why are we being charged?

1 Like

Okay guys, I finally have some time to sit down and post updates. For EXO Pro, the update is up on IGG.

20180730_221941

I have been machining an extended wheel adapter to lessen the urethane cover on the SpeedDrive. If you would like to use it please check https://www.carvonskates.com/collections/parts/products/extended-wheel-adapters-for-speeddrive

You can use a 3" pipe cutter to cut the urethane or you can send it to us and we can put it on the lathe and cut it. You can also opt to run the motors without urethane sleeves, just be careful and choose the roads you ride on.

Some tips to lessen heat issue:

1. Use at least 12s, it gets you up to speed right away and makes it easier for the motors once it’s spinning fast.
  2. Opt for 90mm wheels.
  3. Optimal rider weight is 200lb (90kg) as written on our product page.
  4. Consider going 4wd. The urethane was added primarily for those that will do a 4WD.
3 Likes

I’d love to give this for free but the cost of aluminum and machining them are expensive. They are 50% off so I hope you guys can meet me in the middle. If you prefer, you can take off the urethane sleeves if you run 2wd

2 Likes

The existing design is actually bad. We do not want to talk about it much because we do not want to upset our supplier. We have a new update on Indiegogo, the new battery pack will solve all the problems and can be build fast so we can ship them out already.

4 Likes

Please respond to my pm about transferring my order so I don’t have to drive up there

Jerry’s EXO updates can be found here:

1 Like

As for the XL, we are still waiting on the hangers from ABEC11. They have the parts they needed from us now. We hope they can make it already so we can assemble them and ship it out.

Please respond to my PM. I’m out a good amount of money while waiting for this transfer confirmation

Just replied…

1 Like

Hey Jerry @LEVer , thanks for coming back to us on the forum. Excited for the new and improved EXO Pro as I’m one of the indiegogo backers.

3 Likes

I recall a major reason given for a large portion of the delay was so that the urethane sleeves could be made so that the customers don’t mess up the motors from rocks and debris hitting them, which would result in many of them being sent back for being damaged. The way it was worded if I recall was they were to protect Carvon from having to deal with a bunch of damage caused by the customers. So now saying that the sleeves are bad and the drives can be used without them is quite contradictory. Also, these new extended sleeves, only cover what, 1/3rd of the motor, leaving the rest in urethane… If they’re so bad, why not make a fully covered metal sleeve that is replaceable, and leave the adapter as it is? This seems like a partial solution…

Thanks. Doing some pack building now. Buying vacuum-forming machine to make enclosure. Hook it up and send it out. Thanks for support.

lol you planning to take business away from Dave?!? move your shop to OC, I’ll come help build batteries

1 Like

The original flux ring was just 1mm thick, that’s what Miguel had in his video. The new one that was recently shipped is 3mm thick, so it’s much sturdier.

That was my V2. I prefer the motors to have urethane cover at least in the center of the truck, which is the area that gets hit more often. The complete boards will come with urethane covers, but since you guys are “DIYers” and know what you are doing, I trust that you guys will take care of it better than the average riders. In any case, the solution can be different for each DIY rider, since the drives are paired with different configurations.

Well…I think he’s up to his eyeballs on orders lol

I need to have this done quick. I’m also tired of the delays. Paging Chris…:sweat_smile:

1 Like