Carvon Discussion

What drives did you first order? I recall you were wanting to go 4WD? How’s that coming along or are you switching to a different drive system?

I’m not sure what the hell Jerry is doing or how he processes the things I tell him via text.

I’ve been able to get certain people to connect with him and successfully transfer some purchases. I’ve advised him to update the forum on many occasions and was told that he would get to it. I’ve also asked him to update those EXO and EXP Pros that we have heard nothing about. He seems to evades those products so I have no idea what the hold up is with those.

I’ve gotten 2 out of the 3 things I’ve purchased. He’s definitely not here to scam people, he just doesn’t seem to understand the transparency that we seek.

Here’s another question to moderators. Has this thread now turned into “vendor bashing”? @mmaner @Michaelinvegas? what do you think?

5 Likes

Jerry doesn’t respond to mail. So when we saw somebody Who bought something after the backers and got it quickly we don’t understand. Jerry has my money since november and I have nothing !!! Do you think it’s normal ?

3 Likes

I assume by your user name that you are an EXO backer? or EXO Pro?

Not normal in general business, but normal when it comes to Jerry. He pretty much ignores most emails that doesn’t stand out because with one set of hands he chooses either build parts, assemble things or in this case, update the shop.

One of the recommendation from others is to put something in the subject line that stands out.

I am an Exo pro backer I send mails with subjects like -Indiegogo update -exo pro indiegogo -informations about exo pro -When are you sending the boards ? -… But no answer… And I am always polite in the mails No motherfucker,asshole,…

2 Likes

I have no idea brother, I’m kinda d if lost in the entire Carvon thing. I’ll defer to @treenutter.

5 Likes

Same here bro…

I have been out of the Carvon game for months. I really can’t comment on anything. Hence my nearly zero interaction with this thread since i have been back.

I am sorry.

Any production was never in my control. I can’t make any excuses or resolve any issues.

I have to step back from this.

5 Likes

Guess it’s just me and the DMs then huh. I’ll relay certain messages as some of you have experienced but if I do it too often I would just become part of that email “problem”.

As mentioned before the XLs are in Chris’s court now and once CNC is done it will be back to Jerry.

I will say this in regards to the EXO and EXO Pros. There’s an update as to what the delay is, the solution is being sought out at the moment and once that’s done, a proper update will be provided.

2 Likes

Just go with hummies hubs hehe

2 Likes

Its so funny. Preordering a set of Carvon XLs was my first es8 purchase last november or whatever. I have since finished (or close to finished at least) 3 fairly significant builds, for me at least, and have many others on the docket.

Glad I didn’t hold my breath for those XLs…

Thanks @psychotiller for the clutch save! :smirk::joy: :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

So what is causing the delay? Why not just tell people…lol

It’s not my company and I don’t feel like I have the right to post this specific update on his behalf unless I’m told to do so. I’m not an employee of CarvOn. Purely a customer and now a friend who don’t want this angry mob to bring the company down financially and kill off good products.

Patience is all I can ask for from all of you who have financially invested in Jerry and better communication is all we can ask from him. Trust me, I have. :unamused:

5 Likes

@Mikenopolis this thread started as a group buy. Group buys are the exception to the guideline about order delivery and vendor interactions. Since the sale starts on the forum this is the expected place for the vendor to communicate w the buyers. If this thread has flipped pls let us know. We can close this and start fresh - so long as all the buyers have another way to communicate w the seller.

5 Likes

This thread is probably the only reason why lots of us have not just charged back our purchases from Carvon. The forum is also the only reason I bought from them initially. Many members like @RunPlayBack made awesome boards with Carvon drives, and their posts on the forum helped me decide that I wanted Carvon drives for my next project.

I’m in the group buy for the xl’s. And this is the only place I get communication about a 9 month old order that’s yet to be filled.

I’m ok waiting. I bought a raptor 1, so I know how to wait. But it’s also fair let others know what’s happening, and how Carvon operates. The free exchange of information and opinion is what make this forum the awesome place it is.

Stating communication issues or delivery delays in a factual manner is not vendor bashing. And if a vendor chooses not to respond they just lose future sales to more active vendors.

8 Likes

Selling my spot in SDXL. PM me for deets

Hopefully there are a few of us left who haven’t charged back on the Exo Pro’s that would welcome a realistic update this time. Let’s hope we get the boards as promised and Carvon can continue to develop and (in time) deliver great products.

1 Like

All I’m comfortable saying is that Jerry is seeking sources to guarantee a better final product. He has contacted some of our best contributors in this community for assistance and we’ll just have to wait

4 Likes

well well well

ordered my torquedrive yesterday and got a shipment label straight away and today apparently it has been given to usps at 3pm and is in transit.

coming from LA all the way to rainy england :slight_smile:

will keep everyone in the loop

5 Likes

Are you only talking for EXO or for EVO as well ? Still waiting for some update on this kickstarter side… :pensive:

2 Likes

Good make sure to posta review. I almost pulled the trigger on a set last night but there really hasnt been much word on them yet.