Carvon Discussion

Thank you @Mikenopolis! just a response from @LEVer would likely put alot of others at ease

1 Like

The fastest that I have reached on the Torque drives was 29/30mph on flats

1 Like

16 hours later…so much for that update *sigh

2 Likes

Sweet. I’m getting mine tomorrow. That is pretty much all the speed I need now that I have realized you can hardly go any faster than that anyway on the bike paths safely.

1 Like

I hope @LEVer does update us all soon as I am about to pull the plug on the Exo Pro ordered in November 2017 and order a Raptor 2.1.

Hmm sounds like two long waits to me. I’d say with hindsight either go belt drive or onewheel.

These torque drives however might make me feel a lot better again. The torque of the 75kv meepo hubs are pretty awesome so to get the same with direct drives would float my boat.

1 Like

Especially since they are waiting for the parts. Im sure when we finally hear another update it will be something that makes no sense like “we didn’t have time to post updates because we had to put our nose down and work to get these out”

Its so disappointing to have this sort of treatment become the standard in this industry. I just wish new companies would stop using that as an excuse for horrible customer service.

2 Likes

If I told my manager “I can’t give you an update cause I’m busy” I’d be fired. Kinda a shitty excuse

2 Likes

Too bad he couldn’t give an actual date :disappointed_relieved: soon could mean anything these days

Awesome man! Glad to see some good news on this thread! What deck are you planning to use?

1 Like

I’ll start with my first deck for testing which is a double kick drop through 42 inch. Then probably move it over to the double kick 48 inch dancer. After that I am getting the 40 inch hummie deck from bigben with enclosure.

So yeah don’t know yet which deck I’ll use.

1 Like

What about this https://www.exoboards.com/

Hey guys I just got my v4s and after about 15 miles I noticed the wheel insert had some play in it. Upon further inspection I realized that 2/5 threads were stripped. It seems like no loctite was used during the initial assembly. I’m going to try tapping the threads. Hopefully I won’t run into any issues running bigger bolts. unnamed

I would recommend that all v4 owners loctite these bolts before running the drives.

3 Likes

Also to add to that. Make sure that spacer is on the axle before the wheel (with bearings) go on. Somehow I didn’t realize it wasn’t on and after a few blocks the motor bearing popped off and made a weird noise.

2 Likes

Anyone looking for a pair of XL’s pm me.

1 Like

Selling a pair of speeddrive r’s 60 miles great condition pm me

1 Like

Playing with the idea of going 4WD. Would anyone even be interested in this deal?

Trade someone my spot in line for XL (ordered in December) for a new speed drive R (or place in line for speed drive R) and $200. If someone takes this deal I’ll probably just go 4wd, if not I’ll just build a new board with it. I really don’t need both. This might work well for someone who is concerned that the R may not have enough torque/brakes.

Already getting a bunch of responses. Taking the first person in line. I’ll post again if anything changes.

Ok guys fwiw I bought a Carvon EVO 4WD from Jerry last month and have been reading many threads Including the Indiegogo thread that I posted below from people concerned and worried so I tried to help since I have more than just an email for Jerry so here goes…

Jerry responded to me via text, he has my personal cell # so you all can breath…he’s NOT running away with your money…please someone post this on indiegogo and Kickstarter cause I wasn’t a backer then and it won’t let me…this is what I texted Jerry and following is his response…

Chris: Hi Jerry hope all is good…I’m getting many emails and private messages from your backers on the Carvon’s…they say you haven’t met release date promises and no updates from you in 2 months they feel like they got screwed…man I hate to think like that you were professional with me and I don’t want to believe what I’m reading but please if there’s a delay of some sort please tell them…I know you’re a man of your word and will do what’s best but please please please respond to your backers on this issue…I thank you for understanding…here is a thread running and your backers screaming for updates or a refund…https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/carvon-exo-pro-the-next-gen-electric-skateboard-drones#/comments

Jerry: Hey Chris, yes I’m working hard on it, thanks for letting me know. Some suppliers have been unreliable so we had to resort on doing it ourselves…We’re doing something this weekend so I’ll address them really really soon…I want to show progress. Just don’t want to come out empty-handed…

My purchase, unboxing, review and 1st ride of this most amazing board can be seen here

6 Likes

We certainly appreciate your assistance here. To respond to Jerry’s message, coming to us empty handed would be a million times better than ignoring us entirely. Especially for those who aren’t even emailing about updates, but just trying to change addresses or ask questions.

6 Likes