Carvon Discussion

right like he describes here?

1 Like

20180713_150809 @LEVer just got these in… tears of joy :joy:

7 Likes

lucky bastard. are those SD?

Ya these are SD. Really nice!

When mine came the bearings wouldn’t fit over one of the axles. I had to sand it down to fit. Also mine makes the clicking noise that people keep mentioning… They don’t delay for quality checks, it’s because they can’t get the other companies they work with to meet their deadlines. Almost every single company that I have ever bought a premade board has claimed the delay was for quality control only to send me a broken board.

1 Like

Such irony. “The motors are delayed because they don’t meet our highest of standards in quality” and then you get sent a messed up product…

Off topic but… One of these days I will start a thread about Marbel. Bought the board December of 2015… still haven’t received a working board or refund. Letters from lawyers did nothing and eventually the cost to take legal action significantly outweighed the price of the board. There’s tons of Reddit posts full of people just like me in the same boat

2 Likes

This is awesome! It’ll make diagnosis and replacing way easier without having to do a back and forth shipping to you on any issues.

You mentioned that the V4 torque drives can do pneumatics, Do they need to be 4WD to do so? I’d like more torque without belts so I was keen on the V4 TDs.

I was planning to go 10s5p or 10s6p but can I go beyond 10s for the TD’s? Thanks for engineering these awesome drives. It’s definitely going on my first ever build but the TB direct drives do look promising as well

which marbel did you buy?

The very first one to come out on Kickstarter in 2015

ah… a friend really likes the deck/enclosure. using it for a diy project

Yeah the deck was the only thing that they have going for them. About a year after ordering it I received a broken board (essentially a deck), which was sent back to Florida from California at my expense over 6 times, coming back still unfunctional each. The last time they kept it saying we will wait until the new 2.0 comes out and give it to you for free. That was 8 months ago. Since then I have begged them just to send back my deck that I sent in and be done with it… they refused

I have done that, and it doesn’t change anything.

I had bought a board in December 2015 from Marbel too. After cutting communication with me, I finally called my credit card provider and had it reversed. They said that they tried to reach out to marbel and was being ignored as well.

Luckily I had used my credit card so I was able to get the money back… I think it is crazy that they are still trying to sell boards even though they probably never squared up with the credit companies who are probably bugging them for the money.

Yay updates! Screenshot_20180716-075629~2

7 Likes

where’d you find the update? when was it posted?

I am in an email chain w/ em. Don’t worry, I’ll send ya what I get the minute I get it. c:

1 Like

awesome! thanks for sharing the updates :smile: are those hangars for the supposed kit that Jerry is planning on producing?

Those are the hangars for the V4XL’s. But I don’t think you’re gonna break one to need a replacement.

3 Likes

Nice. I recall seeing his post on providing the carvon’s as a kit that you can assemble yourself making repairs and replacement easy without shipping the entire drive back so I’m looking forward to that. I do plan on grabbing a V4TD unless the TB direct drives can offer something thats got more torque and runs cooler up hills

1 Like