Carvon Discussion

@LEVer i miss my babbies :disappointed_relieved:

any of the motors for sale next day shipping torque drives or sd-r ?

I don’t think they’re selling anymore drives by themselves

anyone know how the 2wd xl’s with 12s4p would do off the line vs a boosted board?

2 Likes

They will after they’re caught up w/ current orders

1 Like

@LEVer I replied on gmail. Please check when you get a second.

You the man! Thanks for the update!

Are you joking? It’s not even a comparison

3 Likes

Eh? Boosted is good off the line, no? Carvon pulls like a freight train once you get going but it feels better to give a kick to start?

1 Like

Haha nah not joking. Never ridden a direct drive so I was just curious if they can actually compete with belt drives. Glad to know it’s not even close though :joy:

let’s see to begin with boosted motors are stupid small and are okay but not high performance, you could probably dust most high powered diy electric skateboards here the torque am not sure but I’ve ridden 2wd speed drives and 4wd , you leave anyone in the dust stupid fast and dangerious

1 Like

This is the size of Boosted ‘s motor the gearing is what gives it that torque. But the motors we use in this community are better in many ways. image

5 Likes

My dual SD-R did this to my kitchen wall when my wife gave it just a tiny bit of throttle. They pack a punch.

wall_hole

10 Likes

What happened to shipping “this week”? Its been two weeks without any tracking.

Your V4 is arriving this Tuesday. Also emailed you about the other one.

1 Like

So I bought a CNC mill…and made my own parts! :wink:

20180629_012616

Well, I’ve been doing parts since I bought the lathe. That post seems like ages ago haha.

I still plan to outsource production, but this will greatly help when I’m waiting on those parts or they arrive out-of-spec. Expecting to finish all SpeedDrive R orders this week and start shipping a few of the XL next week. Just like you guys, I can’t stand waiting.

14 Likes

Please read the email I sent back. Thanks

any extra xl’s?

Pretty soon. We will start selling the Drives as kits, so you guys will have to assemble them yourselves. You’ll need to buy the hanger with the axle, and they buy the other parts to complete them. This will make it easier to diagnose/fix them. So if you have a problem with the stator, you can just buy the stator. If you need just a new rotor, then you can just buy that. If you need new urethane sleeves, or a different wheel adapter, you can just buy those.

15 Likes

Different wheel adapter like for kegel cores?

3 Likes