Carvon Discussion

I think I found what’s probably the issue with my clicky drive, looks like my motor is coming off:

Non clicky for comparison.

1 Like

try taking it off all the way and checking inside, if it all looks well put it all the way back on with some screws and see if the clicks stop, if they do, use some loctite and rescrew it down.

should be an easy fix.

1 Like

i believe u need a press to put the drives back together, i wouldnt

Okay guys, thanks to @treenutter I can post again.

To @JohnnyMeduse, your drive is on the way. Sorry for the wait, kinda misplaced your shipping label.

“Do not spin the drives under power without putting a wheel on it and locking it with the axle nut.”

The wheel and nut needs to be on to square up the rotor, otherwise it will pull out.

9 Likes

Sick glad ur able to post again w00t :rofl::rofl::call_me_hand:

As for the XL, I’m still waiting on the hangers from ABEC 11. So maybe we can all ring up @ChrisChaput so he can hurry up and make them. :sweat_smile:

He did tell me last week that they are starting to machine them.

5 Likes

Put a wheel and axle nut on it, otherwise it the rotor will just wobble. The stator is secured by the mounting collar attached to the hanger, but the wheel and axle nut secures the rotor from centrifugal forces.

Your V3 drive just arrived today, will reconfigure to v4 and hope to ship it out this week.

I remember you also blasted me on Instagram about the noise on V3…then you figured it out and said “disregard previous posts.” :thinking:

5 Likes

All drives, except XL, will be out this week. We will not sell anymore drives by itself, just completes.

4 Likes

Heya Jerry :wave: check your PMs

Going through them now. Best email to reach me is [email protected]

We are transitioning to EXO and EVO, so I’m spending time on email now than the forum.

4 Likes

The noise is the same with our without the wheel, i took the wheel off just to check if the noise would change. Ill upload a new video this afternoon with wheels on.

Please email at [email protected]

1 Like

The noise on the V3 was because the wheel needed some tape in the driver for the clicking noise that I had during startup and hard acceleration. What is happening now is both motor have strong resistance, with a clic at each magnet, there’s no freewheel and it’s hard to turn the motor (see my video posted earlier today). The weird thing is that it will somewhat disappear for some time and come back from nowhere. And lastly I have some serious heat throttling issue with the drive, it’s hard to climb any little hill. Do you still recommend running at 80A? I Never had any throttling on my V3’s… I am glad to see you again in the forum anyway :slight_smile:

Can you isolate the problem? Disconnect drive from vesc and remove wheel. Then spin them by hand again.

The video 10char

Already tried to isolate the problem, both motors are unplugged without wheels now. Same issue, strong resistance. I can remove the resistance of the motor by pressing all my weight on the rotor can,then the motor spins easily (while keeping pressure on the rotor can)

It’s shipping this week, sorry dude but you’ll get the better V4 with the better fans.

2 Likes

This is what happens when you spin it too fast without the wheel and axle nut on. Have to have the wheel and nut to block the rotor from pushing out.

That’s definitely weird as all motors are tested before shipping. I would definitely feel it if there is some drag. Can you check the bearings on the motor? It may have come off and not mounted on properly