Carvon Discussion

so…for those who’ve received their drives…how are they?

can anyone make some comparisons to dual 6355, 6374?

1 Like

:unamused:I don’t work for CarvOn

This is the message I got when Jerry realized he can’t post a reply. You can however PM him here. His username is @LEVer his account can’t reply nor send PMs so you have to start it

3 Likes

All group buys order are shipped is a lie I haven’t received mine

are you in France? the shipped Monday I assume…whatever tracking number you got before should be ignored

1 Like

hey @chris.hunt since you literally rode my three builds the other day, what would be your input? CarvOn was the silent FOC one

To be fair, here are the boards:

10s3p 16T/36T 90mm Dual 6355 UNsenored BLDC (Raptor 1) 10s3p 97mm CarvOn V4 Sensored FOC 12s3p 18T/36T 97mm Dual 6374 UNsensored BLDC

1 Like

the carvon had a much smoother throttle even if you nailed it however once you got up to speed it felt like there wasn’t much room to go faster

the dual 6374’s has a smooth throttle but felt quite a bit faster than the carvons when you nailed it also when you got up to speed there was still quite a lot to play with

i don’t remember much about the dual 6355 board sorry :frowning:

i definitely enjoyed all the boards

4 Likes

How fast could you go with the carvons?

I’m not the best person to ask this. I’m a cruiser, 25mph is the fastest I’ve gone…plus it’s an old 10s3p pack

2 Likes

i’d agree with @Mikenopolis on this one i probably was in the 25-26 range

1 Like

Cool I guess with a 12s battery yo could get 30+ mph, maybe 35?

I could rev my 4wd carvon speed r at 100% to 72mph then after voltage drops 60ish no load

No load as in on the bench? These numbers drop drastically in the real world once you load the motors…

1 Like

how are you calculating these numbers? Are you using the calculator with a 1:1 gear ratio? I find that hard to believe…just me?

1 Like

could you share your vesc settings? how big was your pack?

fwiw my dual carvon v2.5 maxed with 97mm wheels on 10s maxed out around 32mph. I’m like 190lb. In theory XL has same stator and winding, and should be similar for top speed.

The R’s top speed should be quite a bit higher. IIRC 38-42mph?

For feel on dual v2.5, it’s weak off the line but once it gets going it pulls harder and harder up to the max.

For comparison I’m running dual 6355 190kv 16/36 with the rest being the same, and it’s way way faster off the line, but, from memory, the v2.5 were stronger once you got going, maybe north of 20mph.

Brakes were not enough when going 25mph+ on 2.5, but I think I could have safely gotten more via vesc settings.

what about startup torque? i’m sure the drive reduction in traditional satellite setups gives it better off the line performance, right?

doesn’t matter, i’m just getting antsy, i’ll find out soon enough.

bt module when I installed it i rev’d it to see the top speed(yes I did set it up correctly) derek told me he was able to rev it to 60mph I have a bigger pack that can pull more amps settings are or where 32 on vesc and 110 motor max but then I then I halfed them at the group rides 20 vesc and 50motor max still hit 60mph no load onto the concrete pillar

1 Like

Ahhh so it is 1:1 ratio calculation. I have my doubts with that ratio since I’ve full throttled my 10s build. Nowhere near the calculated max speed…maybe I’m just that fat

1 Like

Again, what do you mean no load? If you mean that there wasn’t anybody riding the board or that it was revving upside down on a bench, then these numbers are far from real world. You have sooo many losses you’re not even accounting for. I doubt they’re capable of reaching more than 45 loaded.

1 Like

he let someone ride his board, that person lost their balance, fell off, and pegged the board full throttle which proceeded to rocket into a concrete pillar @60mph, upon hitting the pillar, the board atomized into an impressive loss of $.