Carvon Discussion

link seems to be off, let me see what’s up, brb.

1 Like

here ya go, put notes in the DELIVERED column:

1 Like

Did anyone received a shipping notification yet?

XL here, NOPE.

This is what I have. Over a month now.

@Exiledd_Top I think it would be a good idea if Jerry appointed you as an updater on the forum since you do some work at the shop and are consistently on the forum. Right now my assumption is the people like @DilatedPupils got a tracking number because boxes are prepped and drives were about to go out but snagged on production issues? It’s one thing if Jerry is not here, but because you are here and get a paycheck from CarvOn we expect you to relay the concerns and hopefully provide an insight. Anything is better than the nothing

Providing a tracking number is easy, I literally have boxes of tracking stickers/numbers at the office, but useless until the post office scans it.

4 Likes

"the only thing that we were missing is urethane and were doing it in house which was Impossible so the factory got back to us and it looks good"

There you go. That’s the update of what the hold up is.

As someone who has been at the shop and have also have the drives. I would say that waiting for the final urethane sleeve is worth it because those “in-house” ones are not exactly quality, does the job, but could be better. I can confirm that there were drives that are made and on the shelf.

3 Likes

I don’t get why they don’t let people know of the holdup and let the customer choose if they want a urethane sleeve or not. To be honest, urethane or not the motors will eventually get dinged anyways.

3 Likes

That doesn’t mean that all of the motors are just waiting for urethane though. Some could still be in production. Same with the XL.

It would be nice to know how many outstanding orders are left, and what his output per day.

1 Like

XL here…I’m just hoping I can ride these this summer

2 Likes

See, How hard was that? Why couldn’t we get this answer sooner? I can’t wait for my drives, but damn Carvon is stretching my enthusiasm. Whatta ya gonna do, it’s DIY.

You could do it yourself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You know it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think the reason is that Jerry wants these drive to hold up or he would end up having them shipped back to him for repairs and warranty claims. He wants to release the most robust possible drives.

When I visited two weeks ago, there were some XL motors on the tables but not assembled yet, I think it was an axle fitment issue?

I do agree that there’s a problem with their communication aspect that definitely needs improvement. These drives are great, but how many times can I say that and defend it if no one else get theirs?!

4 Likes

Exactly, I know they’re going to be amazing, but it just sucks that only a few pairs have been finished.

Okay Peeps we almost there for all you people saying we ain’t doing anything. Sorry for all people waiting I understand your frustration but it is either perfect or it’s a no go because were trying to avoid people doing stupid shit with them and then claiming faulty and having to ship it to us so we are putting urethane, heat treated axles set us back alot because they didn’t fit and had to be machined one by one to fit , and urethane was being done in house but finally we got a rubber factory to do it and are satisfied never the less let pictures speak for themselves.

Blockquote

ps u can see my 4wd carvon in the background sitting there because I have no battery @barajabali(me board is getting dusty)

14 Likes

1st!!! SWEET

1 Like

up-beavis1

2 Likes

also in those pictures those are exo motors that I have machined myself tedious and time consuming but there finally done except for 2 weird story with those 2 those will be put on axles and finally shipped to long hairboy the time consuming part of building them is over and they just need axles for exo pros to ship to lhb

2 Likes

I’m starting to think you’re doing this on purpose :thinking:

2 Likes