Carvon Discussion

They’ve been posting updates on their instagram. From the looks of it they’re starting to get components to build them, they’re just way behind schedule. Seems like at this point you have to add 6 months to 1 year to the delivery time of almost every e-sk8 vendor

1 Like

This is Joe’s @joeadams101 reply in the other thread just now. I think @Michaelinvegas might be dealing with personal family issues recently so he’s not on the forum at the moment.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/general-carvon-thread-v3-v4-sd-v4-xl-and-future-products/13119/1453?

2 Likes

It’s somewhat odd that you didn’t get the torque drives. I think a few ordered recently and got it a few days later. @mmaner didn’t you do that?

@b264 I have had success reaching out to Jerry and Joe. They are the only ones I know there as it’s basically a one man show with a little help, @joeadams101 being one of them. Parts are sourced in China which has been on vacation for a month due to their “New Year”. Everyone should just be returning now and catching up on communications. I know it been said before. But patience is all they can ask for while getting these parts made correctly and up to Jerry’s standard.

1 Like

I have tons a of patience. You don’t even know why I’ve attempted to contact them. But that doesn’t change the facts that they haven’t answered any communication at all from me (not one thing, ever, on any medium or to any person) or someone else who has already filed a claim against them. Ironically, they respond instantly when a claim is filed. They magically appear…

I can assure you that putting this here publicly was a forced last resort because I’m actually a large fan of Carvon.

3 Likes

I guess, but if you use a threat as a way of getting a response then you may as well just get your money refunded and walk away.

Though rare, CarvOn updates on their current issues on their site so it’s just best to read it here and wait. Don’t forget how Jason/Enertion was and still is. Or even Boosted…this business is not easy when you depend on China’s over promising timelines. https://www.carvonskates.com/blogs/news

I’m not threatening anybody here. I’m simply telling people, who have inquired, that Carvon does not communicate at all. Period. End of story.

2 Likes

I did, took a little iver a week. I haven’t done anything with them yet, waiting in batteries and ESCapes.

I order my V4TD (with the SixShooter adapter) in APRIL OF LAST YEAR… I just want EVERYTHING I order or a FULL REFUND. I would even take the V4SD. But at this point I’m frustrated and irritated.

I wish I would have know this before I order from them … I wouldn’t have ordered anything from them !!!

This a news to me also. I ordered in October 2017. I’m not trying to cancel my order at this time, I still want the motors. But I was trying to contact them about something else. Someone else was also trying to contact them. The only thing that caused a response was to file claim against them.

I hate to say this, but facts are facts. They could choose for it to not be this way. They have instead chosen for it to be this way. It is what it is.

I’ve never had trouble getting in touch with Jerry. Sometimes it’s a day or two for response but I always get a reply. I’ve had my tourque drives for about 2 weeks now but I can’t decide what I want to build

1 Like

https://www.carvonskates.com/blogs/news/axles-are-on-the-way

Carvon is alive and kicking. Just not many people to go around and I’m guessing a lot of emails. Just be patient.

1 Like

Jerry always answer on instagram in the hour ! He always answer me at least It’s especially a shame since kickstarter backers still don’t have their drives !!!

The only reason I got mine is because I ordered before the kickstarter like 5 other peoples and we got em on time ( less 1 month late )

1 Like

Then maybe you could inform him his house is burning down? Just a thought

1 Like

True that I ll definitely send a message

1 Like

Check the website, they just updated that they’re starting shipping on Monday.

That had nothing to do with my communications they ignored… these are assumptions. Also assumptions that I didn’t check their website. The only thing I did was answer that you cannot in fact contact Carvon and the only way they respond is via legal action or filing a claim against them. And sadly, is still true. Even now.

1 Like

Well i asked Jerry something by email about 2 weeks ago, got a reply within a day. Don’t generalize based on your experience.

1 Like

As I stated, it was also someone else’s experience. I’m just relaying facts here, since Carvon made the decision that this how they want to do business.

1 Like

I’ve sent Jerry a total of 6-8 emails since November. The three emails before I actually spent money on anything carvon were replied to promptly. Every single email thereafter has been ignored and they are emails asking general questions like, what bearings do I need, what is the outside to outside bearings dimension, etc.

The only person replying somewhat consistently was @joeadams101 but he has been away for a while now…

Other people seem to have the same issue. So yes, their communication skills suck

4 Likes