Carvon Discussion

That link is down for me too…

1 Like

this one is working for me

https://www.carvonskates.com/blogs/news

Thank you, this one is good.

thats fucked.

Hello, I’ve been away for a while and did participate in this group buy including the XL upgrade. Anyone know what the deal is at this point ? I think these were supposed to be shipped out this month if i am not mistaken. If anyone could tell me what the status is with this group buy i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Look about 5 posts up for all the current info (carvon news)

2 Likes

Slowly parts are coming in that I’m going to use with the speedrive. Now I was wondering if someone knows what the length of the motor cables (and sensor) is from the base of the truck. Also looking for the size of the motor connectors. So I can already solder the correct ones on the fb. And do I need an adapter to plug the sensor cable in my focbox or is it the correct one outofthebox?

No V4 for verification. I have V3 which is essentially the same except for wheel adapter shape/size

The connectors on the V3 were 3.5mm male bullets. So it should fit the FocBoxes included females. The sensor wires was a bit longer BUT I added an adapter because it was too taut. I asked Jerry to make those sensor wires longer since I didn’t like the adapter JST connectors outside my enclosure. He said he can ask the factory but might not happen since everything was already in production.

Maybe these pictures will give you an idea

4 Likes

Hey guys, if anyone has an extra V4 SD R or XL (prefer the XL) I would gladly buy a pair from you. If so, please PM me. Willing to pay a bit extra if needed…

Where are you located?

Omaha Nebraska, USA

Any extra SD-R or SD-XL? I’m willing to pay a little bit extra. Prefer the SD-R…

You sound really desperate. Best of luck my dude, your like 2 month late when I was questioning on to just sell my drives and not do this build but I decides to go with it and everything is coming this week or next @uigiroux

Yeah I’m pretty dead set on getting these, I only want to build with the best of everything and I don’t see any other way of powering these boards other than how Carvon does. I’ve got the ESCape’s, getting the Photon remote, haven’t decided on a board but it’ll be sweet, waiting for the Samsung 30T or 40T batteries… I don’t want to build an average board and later in build my dream board, I’m going all in the first time, lol.

2 Likes

Don’t count your build on something that you don’t know if you will be able to get it, if you sadly can’t just go dual 6374’s still crazy fast First time you don’t want your dream board let me tell you that. A lot of mistakes to learn from which will end up costing u money better to be replaceable parts then a exspensive dream board that I am going for as well. From hours of adjusting and learning what’s the right motor mount position, and playing with vesc settings and frying a vesc , and some how managing to ruin 8 tb motors

1 Like

That would be pretty tragic… Lol, if it comes to that I’ll do dual 6384’s, 100kv 4000W.

Bad idea you want higher kV because this is belt not hub its not a 1/1 ratio, if you did that with standard gear ratio most common 16/36 you would only Reach 19mph for such of a overkill fast build. Also yes its tragic but its most likely no one is going to give up there carvon drives they paid a big price and waited for a long time, and only a certain amount were sold like 30 I believe.

How about 170kv or 200kv?

170kv should be safe with 12s and 200kv it’s doable but you have a higher chance of frying something, could accidentally pass the ermp limit

So 170kv would be best? What kinda speed could I expect with a dual setup with those.