Carvon Discussion

Yes this might be right but what else is there to do … sit here and wait and do nothing … that’s why ppl haven’t done anything because ppl keep telling them not to…it won’t help… maybe it won’t but maybe it will and at least there is records…I’m sure once enough charge back start happening non stop someone gonna get curious the credit card company banks and PayPal won’t work for him how cant he sell properly…but ppl have to start acting on it… ppl have to fight to get what you want not by sitting down and waiting it won’t help either and its definitely not helping the next person figure out why not to buy his stuff you don’t get a product back… and his name shouldn’t be allowed here to promote and scam to drive his business better…this is terrible for this fourm and the community as you see the non stop new threds about carvon …am I scammed … will he produce … any word from carvon… this is bullshit and I can’t be the only one seeing it…

6 Likes

So NBD, walk away, dick in hand, while he continues to sell product and has 10s of thousands of dollars and very little product delivered after FUCKING YEARS and 0 communication.

Jed Boards is taking a while, but he FUCKING COMMUNICATES!

http:///2019/02/01/jed-boards-interview-what-are-they-doing-over-there/

I am a huge vendor advocate and have been for a while. I have even defended Jerry on here.

But enough is enough.

I think you guys with ongoing issues should start a PM chain.

Then have this thread pointing new people that have the same “grievances” to said PM.

This forum isn’t the place for a public air out of this, but I do have mixed feelings whether it should or shouldn’t be.

And if anyone is wondering, I was an XL group buy backer, but wisely jumped ship long ago…

Just my thoughts as this is frustrating as shit and instills distrust in our entire community and the actual quality DIY vendors.

If we support this kind of behavior, we don’t deserve any better.

20 Likes

Just so you guys know, when I got mine back in august within 2 weeks, it was a direct order from the website, not a group buy.

6 Likes

The vendor bashing rule came up because people didn’t want to see 5 topics a day about a company with a one week day, missing parts, a person wanting customer service. No one wants to see that,m

The rules need updated or something, some people here who are waiting are not doing anything because they are afraid of making a thread, getting shit for it and then having the thread shut down later…

6 Likes

@sender thank you You said it better then me … I’ve supported him alot … love his product if you get it . I do have a speed drive…but I got alot of ppl to jump in on the group buy of ten that was the last one and I feel like I helped him with his ways to get his new fancy name on His wheels he sells guys …abec clone becarful…and no drives for us…

5 Likes

Make a thread Tag people who are waiting Open a Google form get some names down, get some info about the payment date, amount etc. Tackle the problem…

7 Likes

Hopefully ppl will actually hit that pol and then we can establish something
but till then ppl have pull there pants up first and not be scared to try

1 Like

Yes I agree with you. But the Jedboard example I am not sure about it. In fall 2017 I was considering the Jedboard and was in chat with him promising boards will be delivered early 2018. Luckily I ditched that and had a look around here. Shortly after that a thread on Reddit happened where several people local to Singapore started speaking out that he did shady deals with people what looked to me much more of a scam then the Carvon delays. Not communicating is disrespectful, selling stuff through the site to have some cash flow while other people are waiting is BS, but as I see it, his intentions are still to deliver what people have paid for. Examples for good communication would be more like Enertion or Hummie. Looking at the Exoboard site also shows progress like wheels with fancy names on them. Putting legal action against him or doing chain chargebacks will just make his business implode with no one getting anything.

Edit* And that this shit is not happening again here, I would suggest a new rule, that every organizer of sales and group buys established here should have the obligation to update the progress weekly on the thread or via chain mail.

5 Likes

In fairness it should be said, everyone that has asked for a refund (to my knowledge) has gotten it. That seems an easy solution for anyone tired of waiting.

7 Likes

But I’m sure that all the people that have waited 2 years want their money back now. And he probably can’t afford that

2 Likes

https://exoboardsscam.com — Go here and be heard. Started by Kickstarter backers

1 Like

We started a poll here recently and we have 24 votes so far in one day and already 80% fail rate with no merchandise. not looking so good. I’m glad you showed up time for ppl to talk and band together this has gone way to far

3 Likes

There should be a sticky at the top of the esk8 market of sellers to stay clear of.

2 Likes

@mmaner while people have received refunds, you have to be able to contact jerry to get one which is obv. Harf to do. To me it seems like a pyrsmid scheme. He takes your money, refunds some and builds some to keep money flowing all while screwimg most over. Every new sale pay for refund / exo drive of a previous sale.

He deserves a ban.dont let him come back, drum up hope, then dissapear again.

I tell ya… if i bought, id be filing a claim in small claims at this point

1 Like

We have this already. Unfortunately this thread doesn’t get the right attention and out of focus very easy.

3 Likes

I’d say this close to impossible at this point unless you personally pay him a visit. I’ve been calling, texting, and emailing for weeks giving him deadlines to ship my torque drives from the group buy. Nothing but silence. I’m so bummed, but I have to report it to PayPal before the 180 days are up and I’m screwed

just like Kyle said, Jerry isn’t responding, he’s either ignoring or died. Last chat I had with him was January 12th. Another guy’s last contact was January 16th.

As far as banning, he’s not even here enough to make it matter. Years ago when he sold just direct drive, communication and service was great. He tried to do too much

4 Likes

I was last told my drives are being shipped out on the 13 of December. Then nothing was sent with in couple days I got a email saying he was waiting on vesc adapters now…wtf… its non stop excuses he selling the drives out his shop as @Chupacabra got his that time mine was being shipped but never got …this is the bullshit that really drives me mad … ppl that order months and even years now ahead get fucked while ppl buy right now on his site and received them in a week…not cool at all…I understand money to keep the business going but do a one to one ratio atleast then. take good dam notes and write down what orders have gone out the door make sure there is a routeen going on but there is fuck all and no one is receiving products it seem… he keeps you in the loop for 90 days most of the time till your backing is gone then he fluffs you off … obviously you can’t buy pre build from him only what is in stock and even then your playing with fire

Id disagree. It sets a precedent that were pissed and he doesnt belong here with his ways of goin about his business… and were tired of this sh*t happennng.

He self-banned around the time he was gearing up for kickstarter, and came back when we begged him. So I really don’t think it’ll affect his mood or send any kind of message.

For buyers, it as significantly worse when he was self-banned, with information about setups and function only trickling in through side channels. Not that it’s great right now…