Carvon Discussion

Are you make adapter for the carvon exo that you can use pneumatic wheels?

Holy shit guys. I am out in the carvons now on the 107s. What a ducking revelation.

Posting this from my phone so ignore the spelling mistakes. Just so excited. Will write a full report when back. Gonna our 10-15 miles on them. image

8 Likes

Sexy thing u got there :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, but you have to get the Ackmaniac’s app and activate “braking-then-reverse” if you’re gonna use SixShooters. It’s the only way you will stop, especially going downhill.

3 Likes

Wwwwwoooohhhhwwww…sorry rick flair got me…this is AMAZING Jerry…so pumped my order is definitely getting bigger by the minute now…two V4TD drives and both kegal and flywheel adapters for me please…that is a 110% sold …just waiting for you to take my money @LEVer

1 Like

20180202_135744%20(2)

Left wires are from TD motors, right is from sensor cable/connector like this:

https://www.ebay.com/p/20-Sets-JST-Ph-2-0mm-6-Pin-Male-female-Connector-Plug-With-Wires-Cables-300mm/1972940603

Max amps to put on VESC should be 40A, even lower if motor really heats up. Use Ackmaniac’s app to adjust throttle-curve, watts settings, braking-reverse on bigger wheels.

2 Likes

IMG_20180328_004134_784

Those slips right onto clone wheel adapters, so you need clone adapters for SixShooters.

You can ask @trancejunkiexxl, he has extra :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. It is a board that seems to be quite enjoyable.

1 Like

How’s the braking?

I would love to hear about this as well, in addition to the power delivery vs the 97’s

I get a lot of questions about using pneumatics on Carvon V4. I have only used sixshooters on TD. Really want to use sixshooters in SD and XL, there seems to be plenty of interest (read demand from people willing to pay) for adaptor that fits SD and XL. Seems like only a few modifications to existing TD adaptor from @psychotiller, to the axle hole/lip and drip hole plates and then can use the same sixshooter adaptor that bolts into the wheel and pairs with the new adaptor plate?

Any ability to get this available? I know there are a lot of other higher priorities but sa like only a few design modifications someone could make then CNC?

@psychotiller @LEVer @mikenyc @Mikenopolis

1 Like

@trancejunkiexxl and I discovered, with a slight mod to the inside SixShooter wheel half, you don’t need adapters to mount SixShooters to xl hubs. He has pics too!

5 Likes

The new and longer XL adapters along with the SixShooter adapters should get you going. Just need to go 4WD with SpeedDrive on SixShooters.

Or did I miss sending something?

1 Like

Great! Any pix @trancejunkiexxl?

1 Like

:drooling_face:…let me wipe that up…@mutantbass your making me jealous and even more flustered… drooling on your pic…can’t wait for the updat

1 Like

Just got in. so much to report but i need some food first. absolutely starving.

I want to write a detailed full report. ask me any questions you have. here is a couple more photos in the meanwhile.

Photo%2021-08-2018%2C%2019%2059%2015Photo%2021-08-2018%2C%2020%2008%2058

9 Likes

will this work on the adaptors that shipped with my v4sd?

Nope. Yours are exclusively for ABEC 11 Flywheels. But there is a way you can completely do away with adapters and just screw the SixShooters directly onto the motor. I’ve been texting Chip about it. :wink:

5 Likes

20180818_130542 20180818_130607

Drill then countersink This is all @psychotiller

6 Likes

Lol…hand sanitizer @psychotiller :rofl:

1 Like