Carvon Discussion

Ummm Jerry. I know I’m OCD. But I don’t think that enclosure is centered? And the esc is at a slight angle. Driving me nuts!

3 Likes

Haha, I better have you install your own enclosure and ESC on your board then.

The ESC and battery pack are connected with a flexible adapter. They can be at a 90 degree angle and they will still work.:wink:

6 Likes

Flexible adapter sounds really nice…

That is pretty OCD… I almost cant tell what you are talking about. The wires are coming out angled… ?

1 Like

Lol. Probably. I’ll help make a few and pick the better one.

1 Like

Finally had the time to work on these badboys

Photo%2021-08-2018%2C%2012%2000%2007Photo%2021-08-2018%2C%2012%2004%2001

Made a gif video of the heatshrink process. click below :slight_smile:

Photo%2021-08-2018%2C%2012%2020%2049

7 Likes

I want a set or two badly of these torque drives as my SDR are to fast for the tight city …sdr is a night runner bike and beach trail board only …any v4td available for sale @LEVer I’ll buy some ASAP if you have them…please and thanks for your help… Cheers

3 Likes

This is great news! I have 2 questions for you, first one is I placed an order before the crowdfunding campaign, do you have an estimate on around when those will start to ship? Second I was wondering if I could get ABEC wheels adapters for my exo pro?

The Carvon Exo Pro works too with Abec 107mm wheels?

Posting my reply to you on another thread here so other people can see:

“I’m ordering more TD motors, but the ones I have here are already going to be shipped out. I’ll probably do a Group Buy of V4 TorqueDrives with 10.5” front truck included once I start shipping the SpeedDrive XL."

6 Likes

DROPPING the :bomb:…Yyyeeehhhaawww folks :heart_eyes:…I’m stirring the pot read what Jerry has said to me …get those wallets ready …thanks @LEVer…I’m sure this will start a trend real fast …we NEED more carvon V4 TORQUEDRIVES

3 Likes

All will be shipped out very soon. We just started with the Indiegogo backers cause there is a lot of them compared to the pre-orders. We wanted to keep chipping away all the backlogs, especially the big ones.

There will be no more ABEC 11 adapters. The clone/generic wheel adapters will work, just like what @mutantbass did. Those are clone/generic wheel adapters. This procedure is better because the heat shrinks protect the thin and soft-ish spokes of the ABEC 11 Flywheels from the forces imparted by the aluminum teeth. We wanted the heat shrinks to be disposable, not the more expensive Flywheels.

EDIT: We are making Kegel-core wheel adapters.

6 Likes

It will work, but you will not have strong brakes. The EXO Pro ESC is not configurable like the VESC. There’s no way to make the braking stronger to compensate for the bigger diameter wheels.

Nice to see the EXO coming to market, thanks for the updates and pics. Are there still plans for a Orangatang/Boa core adapter? I though I read that somewhere…could be wrong though.

Yup…just added an edit to @Dark180 reply :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

These kegel core adapters that are being planned…when is the selling date be for ?? And will they work with the speed drives and XL also. even tho it’s getting tight on clearance…I’ve done the Pu mod for the new adapter I just got from you…will these adapter be the same style…covering the hub half way…or will it be like the original adapter style that bolts flush to the face of the hub like my SDR came with first…

will the xl’s come with abec11 adapters or how do i fit my 97mm flywheels? great to see the progress :fist_right::fist_left: :raised_hands:

1 Like

All SD-R/XL wheel adapters will now have an extended base, including Kegel-core adapters for them.

TD Kegel-core adapters does not have extended bases, they look like what @mutantbass have in the picture, except that it has round teeth/prongs to go into the round holes of the core. So far, we do not have any heat issues with the TD.

2 Likes

You can choose clone/ABEC11 adapters or Kegel-core adapters. If you’re already set on using ABEC 11 Flywheels, we can install the 3 heat shrinks on the teeth and include more heat shrinks in the package that you can install yourself in case they still fit loose.

1 Like

Perfect thank you for the quick reply and update …heavy props Jerry…I definitely will want some kegal cores adapters for my speed drives when they are ready for sale … I’m not to fond of the abec 11…nice wheels but imposible to find anywhere in Canada.im stuck with clones that are way over priced by the time I get them here 80 bucks…and they seem to be much rougher and mine are chipping already…and I’m all about the 85 to 90 size wheels as the 97 and 107 look way to big to me …holy monster truck wheels …the big wheels suit the drop down decks more…but for a deck with a kick tail they look to funny in my eyes reminds me of a king sized penny board…not cool …and I’ll buy both adapters for the TD when we get the group buy going … CHEERS Jerry

1 Like