NoWinds first commercial Board : Leiftech E-Snowboard

Leiftech must have rushed this to production, everything seems under dimensioned.

1 Like

@sMATTEr Some parts seems not well designed yes

Some new parts comes in :

Bindings are for replacement, but actually the “fibrefix” holds up great Wheels are if the DaBlues went down, but holding up really good actually Speedballs mounted :kissing_smiling_eyes:

And now the best :heart_eyes:

@okp Thanks you so much Bro Beautiful piece of love :kissing_heart: The colours lights up so amazing in bright sun light

Do you wanna marry me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Got also some video footage from yesterday… Evolve GT follows :

@sMATTEr this reminds me on you :sunglasses:

Hang Loose Jenso

13 Likes

Haha IKEA! :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice riding Jens and that that blue carbon enclosure looks beautiful.

1 Like

Damnnn @Nowind you really got the hang of riding it quick - good work! Loving your mods too and the @okp enclosure :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Nowind, love your build, great work in fixing the Leif techs flaws. Do you think you’ll have to replace that motor mount?

@okp. That is one gorgeous enclosure . Very nice!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks Mate I dont think that its needet, but for personal pleasure i will do anydays :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

You need to sell this mods to alot of lief ppl I know who have same issues as u did.

3 Likes

Loving this Forum. Found a link on the Leiftech forum. Not had my board long but I am wary of all the issues people have been having with them, similar to your experiences. Keen to see how your mods work out.

2 Likes

Can you post the dimensions you used for the pulley? Mine is in similar shape, eating belts.

You used those freeboard center wheels with no modifications besides a few washers?

Thanks, mike referred me to this post, and your work looks awesome!

1 Like

Actually the Centerwheel mod works quite nice, 15 batteries on the weekend without problems.

The Pulleys are 14T and 40T, HTD3-15 Will post a How to “Boro Center Wheels” soon, most people can do at home… for those who´s not i got some spares for sale :wink:

Cheers Jenso

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Wanna show here a solution for using original Freeboard Centerwheels on the Leiftech. This is kind of Beta testing which means that its no aproved mod for thousends of kilometers. Done this 1 week ago, shred 20 batteries and it seems to work very nice in most details.

This is what i´m talking about :

Boro with new Driveshaft

The principle is simple, BUT it needs some good machines IMO to get the needet precision. So i will sale this wheels for interrested people you cant DIJ … Parts are ready and can shipped tomorrow (-:

Starting with cutting a Driveshaft from Silver Steel Material Nr. 1.2210 (115CrV3) :

Deburred with grindingmachine :

Lentgh about 74.5mm :

Drilling a 3.1mm hole at 28mm in the middle of the shaft, through this hole later a hardened steel bolt will go through and connect the hub and the shaft :

Drilling a 2.9mm Hole in the new Centerwheel, this should be excactly on the middle. Not complete trough, only about 55mm deep :

Here we go :

The Hardened Steel pins are 3mm, so they are really tight and have to be pressed in hard :

Adding some Loctide 638 to the Hole in the Driveshaft :

Pressed all way down :

Now add the bearings!

Secure also with some Superglue from outside :

Let it cure :

Adding a milled slot for a Keyway to easier mounting a Wheelpulley. My Pulleys on the Prototyp are only glued with Loctide 638, mainly all my builds just use this amazing industrial adhesive… but i thought its no disadvantage

For example mounted with new custom wheelpulley :

Dont worry if you got no Keyway in your Pulley … Loctide only with hold up by propper use… for sure It can removed only with heat… but it is removable Clean the parts before glueing with Brakecleaner, add the Loctide, turn the pulley around move for and back, let it sit several hours, best over night, make sure to remove remaining Loctide.

I got also some Loctide here which i can send with the Parts if you dont know where to buy.

I ask 60€ for a pair of the Boro Centerwheels with build in Driveshaft. Can ship international, you get a invoice of course. Shipping EU 10€ Shipping US 15€

Please feel free to ask and comment anytime.

Cheers Jenso

16 Likes

Can You build a slipring + wheel/Motor Mount?

1 Like

I think one day i have to … :unamused:

3 Likes

woa jenso, that looks like a great mod :astonished:

1 Like

Hi. This is my first post here, enchanted to meet you all. I’ve ridden my leiftech board for 15 days now and had to glue my center wheels yesterday night for the first time so I think i’m gonna be one of your first client for these, cheaper than buying all these tools an materials I figure… Just a few questions :

• Do you notice the loss of rocker with the Boros? The board should be 3 mm lower with these than with the stock wheels I believe.
  • How are the Labeda wheels vs the Boros? I’ve seen reviews claiming they are super durable and 76 mm should mean more rockers but how do they feel?
  • What are these bearings you use? they are useless except to stabilize the axle, so any old dead bearing would do right?
  • Won’t the hole in the urethane weaken the wheel? should we try to fill it with some hardening stuff?
  • Will the stock wheel pulley work with these?
1 Like

Thanks man, happy that you like it :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Hey @philvanzu Nice that you chime in.

Rocker is the same, i meassure my used Leif Centers with 71mm the Boros about 72mm

Dont tested the Labedas yet, yes they got more rocker, yes they are harder for sure so i guess they are less comfortable but will last longer

The Bearings are stock, what comes with the wheels, no bearing function as you said… only to center the driveshaft… you can use old ones of course

Yeah the hole will weaken it for sure, the question is if this will be noticable… it also weaken the driveshaft … but it seems that its still ok… OK i dont jumping actually, but i´m also known not being lovely to my toys :relaxed: On the protos i dont glued the shaft to the pin, dont addet any superglue… i screwed a Setscrew in the drilled hole… but this always tend to get loose and one time you hear a knocking noise you have to stamp it in again… was not so nice Now i hope the glue will work, also the undersized bore in the hub will pressfit it ( dont done this on protos)

Yeah stock pulleys work. I got the old ones… do you got the newer “d-type” ones?

Cheers

1 Like

Yes I think I have the D-type ones. the Board was ordered in february, delivered in march with a faulty battery pack, so I had to wait till april for the replacement to arrive, then I broke my wrist on day 2, had a cast for 2 months and now I can finally ride every day.

Oh man, sounds like a bad start ! For the D-Type pulley i guess my shaft needs the flat(D-type)… I could do, but need some meassurement from you mate! Make a picture and add some numbers please :sunglasses:

1 Like

I haven’t removed the wheel pulley yet and I hear it’s hard work for which I’m not sure I have all the tools, so I won’t be able to provide measurements right away.

I do have a 3/32" bondhus allen key (is that solid enough? no idea) and a cheap soldering Iron I bought decades ago, which might or might not be hot enough to melt the 3M TL42 thread locker but I wont know until I try, And I will only try when I have ample time to run to a shop to find the right tools if I need them.

@philvanzu you can also use a torch to heat up the pulley for easier screw removing :wink: About the tool size, they changed from imperial to metric on one point :anguished: Dont know what you have, mine was 0.93 imperial http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hudy-0-93-Replacement-Tip-HD129341-/301051127137

BTW this HUDY Tools are the best in the world … “NoWind” approved :sunglasses:

Some pictures and tips of mounting Parts :

Remove the 2 M5 Srcews and take the Caster apart :

Take the new Centerwheel and add 5 Speedrings per side :

Add new Bearings on both sides, you also see the simple spacers to prevent deforming the mount by tighten down… Aluminium Tube about 28.5mm long

For easy mounting i take other M5 screws and stick them in from the otherside, this way the spacers stay in place

Once you placed the Centerwheel you can place the normal M5 screws from the other side and tighten it down

Check for free spinning of the centerwheels ! MAke sure you dont tighten them until they lock :confused:

Place a Key in the Slot and slide the wheelpulley on, should be around equal with the end of the Driveshaft :

Secure it with the grubscrew, use some medium Loctide to secure the screw.

Place Belt like this :

Turn the wheel until the belt is completly in place :

Ready for Shredding

ONE MORE THING : Because this is a new project and i got no longtherm expierences i advice you to do the following :

Take a 2mm Hexdriver or anything else which fits in the drilled hole of the new Centerwheel, stick it in complete, mark with tape the depth :

Take this “meassure tool” with you and check from time to time if everything is still in place I doubt that the pins will move, but this way you make sure that you will know about if they do

Hope you know what i mean. Feel free to comment

Hang Loose Jenso

8 Likes