NoWinds first commercial Board : Leiftech E-Snowboard

yes its no tensioner… but soon my will have one :wink:

1 Like

tbh, I never ever adjusted my belt tension - initially my belts run a little loose, at the end of a belts life its medium loose, either way Im not skipping teeth and not wasting much energy into the belt (doesnt get hot, if you tighten it too much, a belt will actually get quite hot).

Yes but at least if the belt skips, its to less tension. In generall with a roller/tensioner you need less overall tension because more teeth are in mesh.

I would like to add a little tensioner and made some small mods to the mount itself. For example add some material in the area where the Motor sits… that way the motor would not look like this after 10 days :

Happy that i purchased enough belts :smiling_imp:

Get the original Freebord DaBlues today… got not enough washers have to add some spacer Love the look of them…

They perform very nice. Happy that my glued centerwheels holds up good.

Btw the original outer wheels have lost 20mm in diameter, at this point they dont perform any good

Hang Loose Jenso

10 Likes

Nice belt :slight_smile: =)

Do you have a theory in which situations this happens?

The same thing happened to my belt actually… some jackass to which I gave to try my board was punishing the drivetrain hard, when the motor could not start moving the board…

After a while I saw that a section of a belt teeth have separated from the main line of belt… but it was still going for a while… Only problem was ‘clicking noise’’.

Anyways - Do you experience teeth skipping on this ? It does look like the motor pulley is quite big in comparison but the htd3 profile teeth does not give much confidence :slight_smile: especially, if belt happens to be a bit more loose… Even though, you theoretically already installed shorter belt than original, right?

Hah ok sorry for the long text but im really enjoying that you show such technical details from which everyone can learn a bit

2 Likes

Well, I think there should be a “NoWind Approved” Seal for eSk8s. I doubt there would be many qualified.

Awesome to see how you ruin something and then make it better. From the looks of the sliprings i dont think they can handle more Amps. The Airgap looks large enough to up the Voltage a bit.

And if not, that will add to the burn theme you are going with lately.

5 Likes

I have encountered this type of belt failure. The motor has exceeded the power rating of the belt. Using 3M belts are fine but the gear ratio use is causing a lot of problems to have faster than normal belt wear. Even with the wider pulleys, I see.

3 Likes

Seems Like a whole slew of trouble. Maybe they were rushed to market? Anyone know if other people are having the same trouble?

I’d be interested in getting some dimensions if you can provide them.

1 Like

Hey Nowind, I bet your are riding Leiftech real hard, everyday and everytime! that’s the way ride it, however at this pace this eboards has it’s days counted :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems the Leiftech is you new favorite toy by far, isn’t it?

Wo bist du denn zum Kiten? Ich wohne in Rostock. Vielleicht hast du mal lust mir das board zu zeigen. Oder einfach zusammen aufs Wasser zur gehen. Ich warte zu Zeit auf den raptor2. Gruß Fabian

I guess it starts in the middle where the grubscrew is exposed from the tooth profile on the Motorpulley. Also the motorpulley teeth looking “roundet”, seems they weared out. In generall its a super small profile, that cant take much abuse.

Thanks for your thoughts. I think this way too, more voltage ok but not too much amps. Maybe i will try to reduce gearratio to 12/40 (14/40-original) and step to 8 or 9S Lipo.

Not so many informations online i think. Some people with the first batch like mine, have problems with belts.

Which dimensions you want?

Yes you are right, of course actually its my favorite because its the new one (-; Try to spend some battery every day on my holidays. Driving gets better, sliding brings lots of fun. Actually this BT cutoffs are really annoying… but next week i´m back and will change to VESC and 2.4GHZ

Hey Fabian, i´m in Loissin… next to Greifswald Going back tomorrow, holiday ends … Comeing back for sure late July or early August. Would be nice to have a meet up then!

Cheers

2 Likes

OK too bad I’m not home over pentecost. And the first two weeks in August as well. Damn! We should keep that in mind though. Maybe you wanna come back in autumn for the wind? I’m actually letting the kitesurfing slack at the moment. Too much work, plus I almost lot my board the last time in Warnemünde. Thinking about getting a go-joe now because that was no fun… So let’s keep in contact. I’ll pm you my number

Got you number Mate, give you a call next time :wink:

Back since last night from holidays… time for a change :yum:

Removed the original Leiftech electronics :

Installed some Vesc 4.?? and a Mini Remote 2.4Ghz

Ugly installation i know … but before i invest time thinks have to be proofen that they work :neutral_face:

And with the cap it dont looks so bad …

BTW @okp did you see my question about a custom UNIK enclosure for sale :kissing_heart:

Full access to USB ports and Reciever :

Swapped to 8S Lipo :

quick and dirty

After all this crappy cutoffs with the BT remote the last weeks i really enjoyed the super smooth VESC / 2.4GHZ shit this sunny Day… man that thing rockz :sunglasses:

10 Likes

hey bro sorry no I have missed that ! which enclosure are you talking about?

Haha, the beautiful blue one you made for the Top of the Deck…

1 Like

mm sorry ! it’s not UNiK - let me arrange you something in PM

Yeah ok, sorry to bother you… We stay in contact :wink:

1 Like

The VESC LEIF LIPO :sunglasses: Board runs so nice… better startup and more topend

Managed some destroying again, one binding is cracked :

Bought some of the fibrefix stuff month ago and i will give it a try :

Not the easiest place to use i guess but it seems it turned out nice :

It gets hard as concrete after 20minutes… time will tell how it last :relaxed:

8 Likes

Started to do first tests with standart Freebord Centerwheels. More then one reason for it: 1- you have to order replacement in US 2- the PU quality is not the best IMO, have had lot of deep cuts i needet to glue 3- the used driveshaft is out of tolerances for a bearing seat :

Nearly 3/10mm under ? Serious ???

So this are the replaced Centerwheels :

This are the Boro 72mm upgrade wheels from Freebord. How i mount them excactly is no big deal, once it turned out that it hold up i will tell in detail!

Here you see that i also placed some spacers between the casters to prevent deforming by tighten down the screws… seen this on the Leiftech forum… thx to the unknown poster :relieved:

After 3-4 weeks and about 10 dead Belts :

Time for a change :

The original pulley had lost about 1.5mm in diameter … totally fucked up The new one is from Mädler.de … little longer hub but i dont care

Just glued to Motorshaft with Loctide 638

Here we go with :slight_smile: New Driveshaft New Centerwheels Fresh bearings New Motorpulley New Belts

Testing in the afternoon :smiling_imp:

14 Likes

that’s what I talking about ! looks perfect. That’s gonna change the ride for sure. Can’t wait to get your feedback

2 Likes

Bäääm thats a massive upgrade IMO The Boro performs so awesome… 100% more precise steering Feels alot looser but more control

So i have to post my first Leiftech Video :sweat_smile:

Hang Loose Jenso

27 Likes