Not so private, creeping on ESK8

@mmaner oh but we can dream. The imagination is unlimited the proof is in the esk8s

1 Like

I would recomment miracle grow it has been proven to grow bushes lol

2 Likes

If there’s anything that can help me grow anything more than pubic hair on my face, I’m in😂

Stop going down on dudes and getting pubic hair on your face. That will help.

9 Likes

He could be going down on girls but thats in the proof. Does his breath smell like beef or fish?

1 Like

Interesting. Bookmarked. I’ll pm you guys about this.

4 Likes

Except that we’ve seen signs that exactly this has happened.

Keep in mind we’re also talking about someone who has publicly been very aggressive with legal threats to others in the industry. On the moral/public perception side it’s entirely on him how to address it. He’s not actually in the wrong to do this even if I disagree with it personally and have pretty strong principles about reasonable assumptions of privacy.

To me this is a pretty simple equation. This is a privately owned forum, the admins have access to PMs as they do on a lot of communication software (Slack). I consider this entire site to be public, as should all of you, PM or not. It’s not privately protected to your benefit, nothing on the internet is unless you own every aspect.

8 Likes

It’s already proven that they can.

Regardless, Jason owns the site. As such, he has access to all of the databases where the pms are stored. He can access everything said here if he wants. I remember hummie pushing me to start emailing the details of the motors their instead of on here because the hub motors we were building were competing with his. We were a prime target as we did share a lot of details early on.

Is that why Jason uses a C clip to close his motor also (c-clips were not used on hub motors before hummie did it)?

What other info did he use from these PMs where we talked about the pros and cons of aspects of the design?

We’ll never know, and when that topic came up and we realized he is actually snooping PMs, we switched to email.

It’s defiantly not moral. And not a surprise to me either. Running a successful business today is simple:

• State you have this insanely long warranty on parts
  • Market your products as better than everyone else using BS and border line lies
  • Send electronics with old firmware’s that need updating to use with the latest tools, and when you upgrade so you can check your electronics work and find they sent broken stuff, well too bad, you voided your wrrenty by updating the firmware (classic catch 22 scam)
  • Bash those who criticize you or complain about your product.
  • Give insanely low failure rates of said electronics, while complaints keep pouring in
  • Make a rule that no one can complain about vendors on the forum, since it’s hurting buisness and making the failure rates look really high
  • Make sure all of your reviews shown on your site are highly rated and delete bad ones
  • Build a forum and get everyone on it so you can spy on your competitors and collect data about your competitors and their customers.
  • After you screw enough of your first customers over (and tell them you don’t care about them, you’ll find new customers), you now have funding to start a more legit business.
  • Get tons of publicity
  • Sell sell sell
  • Tell people things are in stock when they are not
  • Sell sell sell

And you’ll make it! I learned a lot from this forum of how businesses work today. I’m seeing the same practices in my day job now also, which is a very small business doing interior house work.

16 Likes

Talk about a shit grenade, well done. You people love taking a dig at jason

6 Likes

Hey, I have a lot of respect for him. We would still be on ES if it wasn’t for him, and who know what would of happened with the vesc without him.

He has done a lot of great things also!

12 Likes

If he wasn’t such an asshole I don’t think this would be the case. He needs a PR guy to handle the battleship. :wink:

Totally agree.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with any of this. And running a company in this early of an industry is no joke.

But @SeanHacker speaks truth.

5 Likes

What happened to @treenutter 's post? :smile: He suddenly stopped typing :smile:

1 Like

lol, I was waiting also, haha.

2 Likes

What was the point of this post?

4 Likes

It’s a manifesto to what the participation trophy generation has become.

9 Likes

Well seeing as we’re chucking out worthless messages.

I’ll be tagging you @onloop in every one of my PM’s but you’re only allowed to read them if you’re naked as fuck bud.

8 Likes

Lobster. What does that say about me?

1 Like

Would you rather I didn’t participate? Seeing as esk8 is only for old folks

No, but I think you could do more with less.

I mean, we could all do with less shitposting to be fair.

4 Likes