Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

I personally use Trampa infinity trucks. absolutly amazing, and irons out the bumps in the tarmac. On a side note you can also get airless 8"ers or thoes weird trampa stickies which are 200mm urethane wheels

Hi all,

I work for a construction company and looking for advice on purchasing electric skateboard/longboards to help us travel in a sewer pipe.

it is a 4 ft diameter pipe with 2 inches of water in the bottom. I donā€™t want to make the guys walk it. Theres pipes hanging from the ceiling every 60ft or so as well.

thinking an electric longboard with rubber wheels is our best optionā€¦ hoping to be able to do it for 700$ canadian each. off the shelf, as we will probably be needing to use them in a week and a half and i dont have toime to order and assemble parts

would anyone havea any suggestions?

1 Like

Your going to want to look for something with large off road wheels. as standard urethane wheels become very slipery when wet. most of the shelf builds arnā€™t fully water proof so you may need to attack it with a silicone gun.

yeah ive been searching ā€œmountainboardsā€ in amazon but theres only a few results with more than 3 starsā€¦

and i dont know how easy it would be to switch out regular electric wheels for large diameter off road wheelsā€¦

How much amps do you guys usually pull? On flat? On Hill?

Average about 30a. My max was 55a on flat with pneumatics. Never was going up bigger hills yet.

IMG_20180923_143958 Can the top part be removed? If so, how?

i never removed that part, but did you look up "how to take a outrunner motor apart on youtube? IĀ“m sure there are videos about it.

Hey guys Iā€™m in the process of building my first board and wanted to run my wiring diagram by you to confirm it looks good before getting to work.

I want to incorporate a charge only BMS as well as an anti-spark switch with on/off button.20180925_141056

Please let me know if I screwed anything up or if there is anything else I should take into consideration.

Thanks!

Itā€™s not necessary to have two xt90 plugs between your battery and your anti spark switch. If your antispark switch doesnā€™t have a fuse, I would add one in line too. I guess your vesc is the dual Flipsky right? If no, than you need to add one more vesc to your drawing, plus xt90 parallel plug

You are correct. The Flipsky is the Dual vesc.

The anti-spark switch does not have fuse

I will take out the extra xt90 connection b/w battery and anti-spark switch. The fuse would go on that positive wire b/w anti-spark and esc correct?

Yes, there i would place it. If you run 12s look for 58v fuses not the 32v ones.

Cool! Do you have any brand recommendations?

Something like this https://www.amazon.de/Leistungssicherung-Streifensicherung-Sicherung-Midi-weiss/dp/B00EBNRXRK/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ƅMƅZƕƑ&qid=1537902531&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=58v+sicherung&dpPl=1&dpID=414VhDf9b2L&ref=plSrch

Or search for 58v midi fuse. Just choose the right size for your needs

1 Like

i am thinking about getting a bms for 5s lipos in series. The voltage in 10s is 36V right beacasue i was watching a video on the bms and a the dude said that the voltage in 10s is 42V. what is the voltage i thought it was 3.6 x 10 ?

The nominal voltage of lipos is 3,7v. So it would be 37v. Fully charged itā€™s 4,2v or 42v with 10s

so a 42V charger is correct

2 Likes

Yes a 42-volt charger is correct for 10s 4.2v * 10 = 42v

2 Likes

im also going to attach a battery indicator. Does this one work for 10s:https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-36V-48V-LCD-Acid-Lead-Lithium-Battery-Capacity-Indicator-Digital-Tester/302408565361?hash=item4668f48271:g:-bgAAOSwkepZjAmu

1 Like

Itā€™s for LiIon, but should work tooā€¦ Since I have a Bluetooth module I even donā€™t use my indicator anymore :sweat_smile: