Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Reply 1700 and one… Can I get any issues if I run a dual setup via CAN with one motor sensored the other one not?

Hi, quick question. I have 8 3s lipo that I want to put in a 12s 2p configuration. What would be better? Putting them in series then parallel or parallel then series?

build 2 12s1p packs then put them in parallel.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the help :slight_smile: But just one more question this time about the balance wire. Would I set them up in parallel?

Edit: Removed diagram. It was terrible.

that is correct…

Something like this. x5%20ZIPPY%20Flightmax%205000mAh%202S1P%2030C%20-%20Lipo%20Battery%20Pack%20042017

1 Like

What switch can I use as a power on/off button on my bestech bms with eswitch?

Also, I’m having lots of trouble connecting all the parts together. The wire diagrams make kinda sense to me but can somebody show some pictures how it’s all connected in real life?

My battery has 5mm bullet connectors. Focbox has a female xt90. How and where do I connect the battery, and also put in a charge cable, volt meter and e-switch button?

Any switch will do.

Could you take some pics? Your battery should have the xt90 on it and the focbox comes with an xt60 as standard. Where did the battery come from?

I got it from a local battery builder.

Will pics as soon as I’m home

I don’t suppose you know what cells were used and what configuration the pack is?

Oh I do.

It uses Sanyo ncr18650GA

And it’s in 10s4p config

I would say you need some sort of antispark switch to go between your battery and your focbox. And generally batteries do have a xt90 or atleast an xt60 coming off. That is easy to change out just snip of the bullet connectors and solder on the xt90 connector.

Can anyone reccomend This BMS for a 4 lipo setup (12s2p 16,000mah total)

But why xt90?

I first need to solder the battery wires to the bms right? Then afterwards put xt 90 on it

I think you need to take a step back and read the some wiring diagrams in more detail

I checked the one from Namasaki image

Does it matter what kind of wire I use to connect to the charge port/C-?

That is for LIpo you are using Li-ion

Yeah I get that but exept for the batteries everything still is the same right?

yes and no the batteries should never be directly connected to the vesc

Lets get a pic of that battery and take it from there bud.