Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Ok so Iā€™m running ackmaniac vesc tool firmwareā€¦ I think I pretty much figured mostly everything outā€¦except Iā€™m not sure on one thing when setting up the remote in the (input set-up wizard) app and adjusting the throttle & brakes do I do this for both ā€œslowā€ & ā€œfast modeā€ on the remote?

What kinda range would one expect from this bad boy?

There is a lot of variables http://esk8.today/2016/12/28/how-far-can-i-ride/

We use 3000w+ systems to pull us, how can a scooters 250w motor provide a decent torque and speed? What is the math here?

Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong (which I probably am): the 6355 190kv motor from torqueboards has 190kv. Pretty sure that what determines the torque. And the watts is how strong the motor is. It has 2500 watts of power. That is 3.57 hp and the small 250w motor has 0.35 hp. Okay I doesnā€™t make any sense. WE NEED ANSWERS!!

10 times greater watt power, but only like twice the real world increase. makes zero sense :smiley:

Anyone have experience with low voltage alarms like these?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/0-5-36V-2-in-1-RC-Car-Accessory-1-8S-Li-ion-Battery-LED-Indicator/2502031_32887365207.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10547_10342_10343_10340_10548_10341_10696_10084_10083_10618_10139_10307_10059_100031_10103_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620,searchweb201603_12,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=fd6d2ed4-3c4f-4945-8a29-8c981f45f26f-0&algo_pvid=fd6d2ed4-3c4f-4945-8a29-8c981f45f26f&priceBeautifyAB=0

Is there anyway of using these at the same time while allowing the lipos to be charged? I was planning on keeping the charger in the enclosure so I donā€™t have to change any wiring around when charging.

Is it possible to use a dual hub esc from ownboard(or meepo/wowgo) to hook up to one belt driven motor like a single 6355/6374?

Not only are people saying how smooth the ownboard esc/remote is, I just really like that thereā€™s a power button there. I think loop keys are primitive, I hear DIY anti-spark switches to vescs are unreliable, and Iā€™m using a charge-only battery/bms, limiting my options which is ridiculous that itā€™s because I want a simple working on/off button. Iā€™ll probably will just end up doing a vesc/loop key, or maybe even fsesc 6.6 after a little more time passes to see itā€™s reliability.

Also not considering buying a complete board/kit from them, Iā€™m set on having a custom set-up unique to me and how I ride.

Anyways, back to the question, can I hook up a single 6374 to ownboards dual hub esc? How hard would it be to reprogram what is needed, like gear ratios I presume? Thanks for the help!

If youā€™re light and donā€™t live in a hilly area hubs are the go for kick pushing, Alternatively you can loosen your belts and use an idler bearing motor mount such as @marcmt88 supplies.

1 Like

Hey man, it seems to me that if you are unsure of what type of board will suit your needs then buy a cheap pre-built as your first excursion into the hobby. There are a lot of cheap reliable options out there that will get you started. Iā€™m pretty sure that most if not all of the community started this way and assessed what they wanted a board to achieve before launching a full diy build. I for one have a meepo v1 that I still use regularly and since that purchase have built 3 diy boards for different applications. Be prepared to spend though because if it gets you it really gets you! Good luck!

@banksta You canā€™t re purpose those escā€™s from any of those boards. They are factory set up for the application they are intended for. There is no way to adjust settings at all. Also the hub motor escā€™s are not compatible with belt drive systems. DIYeboards sell a belt drive version of the same esc but I donā€™t recommend using their mechanical belt drive system as its cheap and with belts you really need a strong reliable set up such as @torqueboards provides. Donā€™t be dragged into the false economy of diy you will regret it. You can also purchase a power switch system which includes an anti spark from a number of vendors.

Iā€™m into DIY because I love building things that are unique to me aside from the novelty of it, and Iā€™m more than willing to spend the costs on quality parts even if it means waiting, as everyone else should.

Forgive my ignorance but it seems ridiculous that I had to ask this purely because of the built-in power switch that the chinese esc has, while the vesc and focbox does not, all this because of a lack of a damn power switchā€¦ Looking at the anti-spark switch + button by flipsky is seemingly the best option, soldering looks quite minimal, something I can do without much difficulty. Iā€™ll keep researching and see what works best as my build goes on, more than likely will just use a loop key, its ugly and primitive but the cheapest and most reliable and simplest by far, I donā€™t know, maybe Iā€™ll get a quality BMS and wire a switch to it, weā€™ll see as it goes on, thatā€™s one of the beauties of DIY. Thanks for answering!

these guys have a good power switch and antispark that you wire in using connectors. Its the one I use in all my builds and no problems with it at all

1 Like

@longhairedboy sells the switch he uses on his boards I think

1 Like

What happens if I use copper wire to wind a 140kv motor that is double the thickness of the original winding wire? Will that result in lower kv and higher torque? Thank you :slight_smile:

Does any1 have a 3d model of tourqeboards kegel pulley kit? This one: products/36t-kegel-pulley-combo-kit

Maybe, PM me

1 Like

Hey there, Can I use this power supply to my imax B6 safely? It is 12 volt and 1500 mA 15322818338377755026393147965672

This will lead to a 12x1,5=18watt Maxā€¦no way!

Thank you angeljmm! How many watts do I need?