Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Yeah you should never try to throttle the motors before doing the detection it can damage the vesc. Try flashing it with new firmware from the vesc tool and set each focbox separateand do it in the steps it tells you

Noob here. I couldnā€™t find the answer to this unique question, so I thought I would ask here and maybe get pointed in the right direction. Iā€™d like a board that isnā€™t so big, but has big or biggish tires to get over bumps. Iā€™ll be using this at work, it doesnā€™t need to have a ton of battery time. AND Iā€™m not even sure it will suit my purposes. Does it make sense to try to put together the parts,(or add a boost to my existing board) or does it make more sense to get something like a new Teemo for around $300 and see if that works? Iā€™m just not sure and there are lots and lots of choices and variables. A lot of the time experienced people have already discovered things. Thanks!

Are you looking for cheap or reliable? Because there is a big difference in parts

I definitely would not want it to throw me as a result of a mechanical issue. So I guess reliable is more important.

I would go with the evolve AT if you dont want to build one your self

Ok so new issue for meā€¦ I was able to download ackmaniac program & use itā€¦ but now some how my remote is not responding(nano x) :man_facepalming:t5:, I switched receivers from old to new & nothing, receiver light is on & also focbox green signal light is on as if everything is fineā€¦ Iā€™m assuming thereā€™s something in the setting of the set up Iā€™m missingā€¦ if anybody have any ideas Iā€™m allll ears :ear:ā€¦ thanx

Did you detect the motors? Then did you set it to ppm,select the current and then do the throttle mapping then write the config?

ok yeah I only did a couple of those thing detection & current not ppm & I didnā€™t see the Option to write configuration like In bldc toolā€¦ Iā€™ll go back and revisit it & see if I can find itā€¦

in the vesc tool it is along the side right side of the program screen if you scroll over it it will say write. You also have to select ppm,uart, ppm and uart, there are a few others but select ppm and and do the throttle mapping andthen write config. There should be a wizard on there that steps you through everything.

1 Like

Ok coolā€¦thank you :raised_hands:t5:

I should probably try some questions that are not as vague. I might not yet even know what I should be asking. I donā€™t mind at all building one, I have a history of that kind of electro mechanical assembly. Not a problem. If I assemble on my own is it likely I can get the correct board put together for less money than one that is already mass produced?

If I am not going to be using the board for long trips does the quality even matter?

If I am likely to get into problems like poor battery life or a lack of climbing hills, thatā€™s not a problem. If it could result in the board throwing me, thatā€™s not acceptable. which would I be looking at?

Itā€™s possible after I give it a try, it will not be useful for my needs, Iā€™d really prefer to not sink a bunch of money into it only to find it is all a loss for me. And I expect that resale value would be terrible if it is custom build for my own needs. Is there another way to get to the goal I have not yet considered? Thanks.

Hey guys, just want to make sure I donā€™t blow anything up when charging my batteries. Can someone please confirm this setup is correct? I have 2 3s zippy flightmax 5000maH, I read it is safe to charge up to 1C so 5A on this.

Here is my setup: 20180711_20553220180711_20573820180711_205542

The part Iā€™m most concerned about is the balance ports, so from another post here I gathered the loop created between the + on the left battery the and - on the right battery only needs 1 balance wire since it is the same loop. One of the balance ports has only 3 ports so i assume this is why.

Already had some sparks fly lol but that was me being a dumbass and trying to pry open one of the adaptors with a metal thing, I think i shorted the batteries but they seem okayā€¦ all the cells were still at 3.77

If your not sure you want to build or not I would get a mass produced one you could get the riptide board or the meepo. The idea of building your own board would be cheaper is sometimes a fail idea because a lot of times you will be buying better quality vesc or motors. Generally the mass produced boards work well but over time they will break down because they end up cutting corners some where. If you have a deck and caliber trucks already that will save you money

1 Like

Have anyone else had problem with belt not completely fitting 3d printed pulles as well as metal ones? It hops out of the teeth every half turn.

Do you have an htd belt?

yes i do, im printing the right combo of pulley and belt, but itā€™s of by just a little which makes the belt slip

Hey everyone, I have the vesc from DIY electric skateboards and I was trying to use the BLDC but I need to update the firmware. Which firmware do I select under the 4.12 hw file

if you are using the vesc tool it will be the default

These are the options I have IMG_20180712_160605

vesc_default.bin is what you want. If you look there is a a check box that says so other files besides default or something along thoses line uncheck it and you will only see the default