Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

I was reading up on bushing and pivot cups to make TB trucks better. And in one of the posts someone shared a link to a 3d printable ring for between the hanger and kingpin. Canā€™t find it now. Anyone know what Iā€™m taking about?

2 Likes

Youā€™re the man @mmaner. Thank you. Now you wanna make me some? Lol

1 Like

I actually tried some of these, didnā€™t like them. I like the precision cup washers better. Iā€™ll print you some though.

3 Likes

I cannot create new Topics. There is no options on the screen and the shortcuts does not work. Is there any specific browser I should use?

You need to have trust level 1 to make a new topic.

Get to trust level 1 byā€¦

• entering at least 5 topics

• reading at least 30 posts

• spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 canā€¦

• use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed

• Send PMs

• Upload images and attachments if enabled

• Edit wiki posts

• Flag posts

will having a electric skateboard make girls like me?

1 Like

I got a good one for you:

Girl: hello sexy boy. Can I try it? she tries your board and falls off but you grabs her You: ohh, you fell for me? :wink:

1 Like

:joy::sweat_smile: thats fantastic!

1 Like

Good to know. I ordered all new bushings and cups. Want to do all I can to have a good ride. If you say they are not worth it, Iā€™ll take your word for it.

1 Like

They may be for you. Thereā€™s so many factorsā€¦ Ride style, acceleration speed, breaking speed, average travel speed, carve radius, rider weight, etc. All if that comes I to play on esk8s when figureing out a bushing setup.

Just because I didnā€™t find them useful doesnā€™t you wonā€™t.

3 Likes

In theory more amps available means more torque assuming your motor and everything in the circuit up to the coils in the motor can handle the amps available but correct on it not having an affect on top end speed. Range part was correct.

1 Like

The switch has failed in a closed circuit so it is now always on. You can either use an antispark bullet or xt-90 to make a failproof switch for the battery discharge (can be on positive or negative lead just opens the circuit to stop current from flowing)

Search the forum for XT-90 loop key or search for deckoz antispark bullet to see some options. For now would just cut one of the two main leads and tape off the wires.

Let the choose your own adventure begin https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/how-often-do-you-turn-off-you-board/61149/52

Iā€™ve got 5 or 6 complete boards (and piles of incomplete set ups) I can snag bushings and what have you from. Iā€™m still not sold on the style of deck Iā€™m gonna run for my first electric build. Iā€™ve got alot of options tho. I prefer my short boards with kicktail even at high downhill speeds. But Iā€™m thinking something between 35-40 inch.

My preference is 39-40 for comfort and speed, 32 ish for manuverability. I usually do hard (96a) bushing boardside and experiment roadside. Itā€™s typically not too hard to find a good fit.

Both me and @Battosaii ended up using tall barrels roadside rear on our evos, which is odd, but itā€™s an odd deck.

Donā€™t be scared to try weird shit :grinning:. Everytime I see @Alphamail mention double cones Iā€™m like ā€œare you just trying to kill yourselfā€ but after I tried itā€¦ Tons of fun, great carves and awesome return with cones in the rear. Not so great at 35mph, but a perfect setup is almost impossible.

3 Likes

Ok im currently using 2 Turnigy Graphene 6000mAh 4S Lipo packs in series, Their not very old, I got them around march/april time this year but iv decided im gonna get another 2 and possibly join them up in parallel with the two im already using, I heard you shouldnā€™t mix really old batteries with brand new but given we are only talking about a couple of months here , i just wondered if it would be safe to do so ?

maxresdefault

Anyone know how to secure TSG Pass visors? Mine came loose and I think itā€™s busted because itā€™s not staying, is the spot under the visor supposed to look like this? 36888030_486122201800688_178342070220488704_n

your plate broke off the helmet. You can take it off the visor and try to screw and glue it on again with some strong bond glue.

Noob question: most people use silicone coated wire (which I canā€™t find at my normal hardware store. Whatā€™s the difference between this and the thhn coated wires from Home Depot?

Silicon coated tinrd copper supports more amps and higher voltages, and itā€™s flexible which is nice.