Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

@Narnash thatā€™s interesting because itā€™s let me post a for sale ad, I just canā€™t reply to other peopleā€™s adsā€¦ ā€œSTATS 31 days visited 3d read time 978 topics viewed 23.4k posts read 194 likes given 3 topics created 107 posts created 76 likes receivedā€ Pm is fine. Iā€™m on here reading a few hours a day so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get the privilege soon enough

Okay thanks! Iā€™ve also seen a lot of people make it the same way, so that should be able to do the job. If my calculation is right, then will there be able to go 4*13,42A=53,68A (nickel strip is hot) through each series connection. Lets say I set the maximum battery amps to 30A. Will the VESC then ask the battery for 30A and take 3A from each parralel group to make the total 30A? Cause then i technically only need 1 nickel strip on each series connection?

.15 8mm wide nickel is really only good for 7 amps so instead I recommend copper for by our serial connections

1 Like

Okay. This shows that one 0.15 x10mm nickel strip should be able to do 10A with no problem. Im going to do 4 nickel strips on each series so that should also do it.

Cu%2C%20Ni%2C%20Steel%20efficiency%20chart

Plus the shorter lengths can handle more current. That diagram is for long length of strips.

1 Like

guys I am a bit in a brainfart can you help me with calculating:

If I have 6inch pneumatic tires, what kV motor do I need to get up to 45km/h without any gears between the motor and the wheels? Thank you :slight_smile:

How are they going to move without a gear you would have no drive system with a gear

1 Like

That doesnā€™t matter, maybe I go hubmotor and maybe i go belt but every different kv needs another gearing so its handy to know the needed rpm that tge wheel will have

Good luck finding a hub motor for a 6 inch wheel. The gearing you use has a direct influence on the speed you can do same with size of the wheel. with a 6 inch wheel and 16-42 gearing you could on 12s li-ion you could use a 140 kv motor to get 56 km/h weighted

Direct drive is 1:1 ratio

1 Like

yes that is a smart one I can just use an esk8 calculator haha

Here you go then

http://calc.esk8.today

Hey guys. I have a question about batteries and antispark solutions. I ordered a Torqueboards 12S4P battery that comes with an LCD screen, connectors, and a switch. I also ordered some antispark XT90 and XT60 connectors to make a splitter that gives power to 2 FOCBOXes. My question is, do I need any other form of anti spark protection? Or am I good?

1 Like

You should be good. Pretty sure the BMS inside the battery does everything for you. The only thing you have to do is connect the battery and have fun :slight_smile: good luck!

Awesome, thanks for the help!

1 Like

hi, I am trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade to 12s4p over 12s3p. I understand that this would change the max continuous current to 60a vs 45a. would this give the board noticeably more torque and a higher top end speed?

I donā€™t think it will give you more torque or higher top speed. But it will give you more range and maybe even less voltage sag. I donā€™t know about the last one. I would choose 12S4P since I hate running out of juice :slight_smile: good luck!

Dumbest question by far!

On my DIY Trampaboard, I have a 12s4p battery with a BMS controlled by a simple toggle on/off switch. The only problem is that the battery wont turn off - its not responding to the on/off switch suddenly. It used to work, but now it does not.

Is it possible that if the polarity of the charger input was swapped, that might result in this?

Any ideas? Please respond ASAP, since my board is slowly dying! Thanks

If u havenā€™t purchased it yet Iā€™d be curious to know more about ur build as I may be able to offer you a larger size for same cost if ur interested

1 Like

If itā€™s a 30q pack you can do 60a now. The benefit of more amps is less sag which equals less high amp drain which adds a lot more range, more than 25%.