Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

I want to build my own deck out of something plastic (I already have it) and want some grip on the upside ofcourse.

I want to use that methode with glass frit and some glue to make my own grip side. The glas frit is buyable but I donā€™t know what glue to use

So what glue do you recommend for me?? (needs to bond with glass frit and plastic and maybe be able to handle a bit of flex in the deck?)

Hi everyone :slight_smile: Im going to make a 10S6P samsung 30Q battery but I donā€™t know how to weld the pack together. I have two options. Which one is the best? Maybe why? Any other suggestions?

OPTION 1:

I use 10mm X 0.15mm nickel strip. If there are two lines, that means im putting 2 nickel strips instead of 1. (not my picture from the side view) battery1

OPTION 2

I use 10mm X 0.15mm nickel strip. All the read lines are 2 nickel strips on top of each other. board

You would need some sort of epoxy but it would not really give.

Will this on/off switch that I got from Luna website work for my 10s4p 30q battery pack ? image

1 Like

You ā€˜shouldā€™ be good. I qualify that because every switch Iā€™ve ever used Iā€™ve burned up in hours or days, Iā€™ve had a Luna 120a switch running for a week so thatā€™s a win I guess :grinning:.

Big amps kill anti-spark switchesā€¦so be easy.

1 Like

What are the dimensions for a hub/rim inside and outer diameter for a 200x50 wheel?

Thatā€™s cool. I donā€™t think Iā€™m running that much amps anyways.If switch gets burnt up, the board will just shut off without damaging the battery or VESC ?

They typically fail open so the board will stay in, shouldnā€™t damage anything though.

1 Like

So the epoxy would stick to the plastic and frit but wouldnt handle the flex and crack?

If you have ever worked with epoxy it gives a little but not much it is what the use on carbon fiber decks. Depending on the type of plastic and how many layers you use with determine how much flex there is.You would have to fine a epoxy that works with both plastic and glass. Any type of glue works best with a porous material maybe besides JB weld that stuff stick to everything

For this website on mobile: Is there a way for me to scroll down to the latest post without manually finger scrolling?

Yeah hit the post number on the lower right and quick scroll to the bottom of the thread

1 Like

I personally think option 1 is better

1 Like

Ah, okay. I see it now. Thanks!

Canā€™t comment on a for sale addā€¦ Anyone know why that might be?

You have to be a ā€œregular memberā€ to do that. I donā€™t know the exact requirements but I think your account has to be 100d old with decent activity to get that. Itā€™s a safety feature of the forum to stop spam bot selling offers and genral scam.

Try it with a direct private message to the seller, that should work.

1 Like

Thank you @Narnash

I registered so that I could make wanted ad. I am looking for: -Used Holypro 16 ply board with vertigo trucks and superstart hubs. Any color parts is ok. -Used E-toxx mini direct drive. Any color is ok to me but black is what I want most.

There is no way of making this ad before 100 days has passed?

I also have some parts that I could sell or trade.

1 Like

@Skunk @anon76406330
Apparently I was a tad wrong, to buy/sell or participate on any group buys you have to be a level 2 member. The requriements to get level 2 for your account are:

visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially casting at least 1 like receiving at least 1 like replying to at least 3 different topics entering at least 20 topics reading at least 100 posts spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Source

Thanks for info.

I might order these new as it is one week quicker for me. I am willing to pay more for one week of extra riding this summer.