Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

my setup is 12s4p samsung 30q, dual 6374 190kv from DIY, focbox’s, with 107mm flywheels . what do you recommend for these settings? motor max: motor min: battery max: battery min:

Total noob here trying to fix a v1 boosted board dual+. I know it might not be the most popular board but any help would be really appreciated!

Symptoms: Controller pairs with board but the motor seems to be totally non responding to acceleration/brake wheel. i Tried it with another controller and the issue is still occurring.

Also by looking at the circuit board, everything seems to be connected but the sensor cable have been sealed with some type of glue so its hard to see whats going on under there.

I have included a link to a video of the led blinking patterns as i figured it might help

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12UOVD71d9tTKXMylJSdSyMsiS1TUZRsY

Thanks!

Need help where do balance wires go please imageimageimage

1 Like

what VESC best to use? i have v4 its better I replace it to v6? can you recommend spot welder from aliexpress/ebay

I’d try

motor max: 100 motor min: -60 battery max: 60 battery min: -15

If take off feels good I’d check brakes and manage them accordingly. Mind you I like strong take offs like raptor 2 style. If that’s not your thing try 60 motor max first.

This post from ackmaniac is always helpful. More of us have this one saved.

You turned regular fast by the way.

2 Likes

I just conectes the mini remote but I can only use the wheel ? Does anyone know how to change it ? Help pleas hehe.

Be sure your VESC shows idle in the PPM setup tab (enable APP data if need be to see the values coming in) if not adjust the deadband or the top/bottom values so it is idling properly.

As mentioned in your other thread the turning wheel control on regular RC cars typically is mapped to a different channel than the throttle you probably need to change the slot you’re plugged into on the receiver.

1 Like

Thanks so much

1 Like

image Does anyone know what is positive and negative?

Middle should be positive. Longer one is negative. If you get them mixed when connecting to the battery it will spark (effectively it would be a weld) ask me how I know. It won’t kill the battery when it happens, it’s only a bit frightening.

4 Likes

What @sayekim said is correct. Its the same charging plug I use

1 Like

So rather than starting another “Check out my parts list” thread I was just gonna do it here. Have so far. Cal 45° trucks Abec 11 107mm wheels Deck

Plan on ordering tomorrow TB trucks (for the hangers) TB 6374 (altho I keep looking at the new 6380 in stock) Mounts from marmct88

My next big buy will be a pair of focbox

Trying to decide between 10s6 and 12s5 still But I’ll pay barajabali to have it build seeing I have a very limited work space.( basicly my lap on the couch when my Baby is asleep lol)

Haven’t even looking into remotes yet, would love recommendations.

( I’m about 200 lb, pretty flat town. would like about a 15+ mile range and to cruise around in the 30s)

If you can wait get the motors from @JLabs from what I have heard his motors are great. Since you are getting the focbox and get the nano-x remote. You will also need a charger.

1 Like

Yo @JLabs. When’s your new stock in? Planned on ordering parts this week

Does a 18650 Samsung 30Q battery lose it’s full charge if it’s not getting used or connected to anything for 2 months?

absolutely not! I would check it after two years, but not months :wink: Just make sure it´s about storage charge of 3,6V if you want to let it sit around for a while.

1 Like

Does it lose some power? like 0.1V or less voltage?

Much less, I had a new 30Q only charged once to 4,1V and let it sit for half a year. Was at 4,095V after that

1 Like

Thanks!

10char