Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

It’s in the post above these two. Manufacturers inflate specs to sell more stuff.

2 Likes

So would bypassing the bms with five 2s 5000mah 90c lipos be dangerous to the dual focbox. Thats all I want to know. Sorry if I’m being redundant

It just means you can use a nice and small BMS because it only has to handle the charger current

Never Mind :upside_down_face:

Absolutely Not! Because the battery doesn’t determine system current. The Focbox controls battery and motor current separately. The higher the battery’s discharge rating, the better. Because higher discharge rating = less voltage sag and less heat and stress on the battery. And less voltage sag = more power and range.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, I didn’t relize it was the Focbox that controls the current.

1 Like

Yes, that is why the Vesc and Focbox are so totally awesome!

1 Like

So, when I was sketching I couldn’t figure out which ground wire I needed to connect to B0. Could I get some help? 1 is for the main wire and 2 is the smaller one in the middle

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/a/a/aa224b8a583fc3f590f795fe7cc4f84263a5943b_1_690x388.jpg

I think both are good, it’s ofcourse easier to use number 2 because you can then just use a connector

1 Like

Thanks, that makes it easy.

Iv’ve been hearing off this thing called 'VESC Tools". What the heck is it?

1 Like

New bldc tool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello I am a new member and want to build an electric skateboard, does anybody know if mboards.co is a trustable website specifically the dual belt drive motor kit and the esc for dual motors

Not familiar with them but the esc looks familiar from some eBay posts other forum members have posted. From what I saw they were okay but most people here go with some variation/version of the vesc for the wide configuration and relatively good software for doing said configuration to drive with various batteries and motors and ride styles (controlling acceleration and braking characteristics)

Couldn’t really say anything one way or another about the motors or batteries if you know what cells they use can pull up the datasheet or search here to see if others have used them successfully.

Same lipo 5S 5Ah is $46 at hobby king also not clear what BMS or what particular cells they use so not sure I’d trust that without getting more details.

There has been a lot of people who have been unhappy with mboards. Maybe look at torque boards if you want a total kit in the USA. You could also get parts from different vendors on here. If you are in EU I would say unik boards would be a place to get them.

Thanks you

Hey, do I need an antispark if I’m running a bypased BMS?

2 Likes

I use one with the BMS still

check out these 2 threads

AND

hello, did I understand that correctly? I have two motors (torque 6374) which can each pull a maximum of 80A. that means I need cells for my battery (10s4p) that handle 160A? at 4p 40A per cell???

thx