Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

I donā€™t realy have that much of information for you haha but I would choose motors with 190kv or less

Hey man. Try leaning your rear knee outward( like sport bike racers do) to get more leverage. And with your front hand grab the board and pull it into the turn :wink:

1 Like

It will always reach full speed with no load, if you apply a load or stand on it it might be different.

Itā€™s because you are controlling power, and not speed.

2 Likes

Feel like all my questions should go in this thread. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Itā€™s ok we all start somewhere. The search tool is useful too and there are a few years of good posts. If you canā€™t find something just ask man :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Deckoz your replyā€™s have been most helpful. Thanks to you I spent another $200 of a vanguard deck and inserts and screws :slight_smile: #myhero

2 Likes

Sure thing @achatham

If you need a reference for a vanguard build you can check one I did for a friend here

WHAT?! #mindblown

1 Like

you are right i just came back from a ride and i can say its a total different experience. it was smooth as a butter, i had somewhat weak brakes but it is from motor regen value i think.

1 Like

Making a battery pack for the first time. Plan on making 10s4p out of Samsung 30Q. My question is I know I have to make (10) packs of 4cells into parallel, then connect into series correct ? Also before spot welding anything together, do I have to fully charge up each cell before spot welding ?

All the cells need to be at EXACTLY the same voltage when you make the parallel packs. Itā€™s a lot better if they are all at the same voltage. They canā€™t be off a tenth of a volt and thatā€™s just okay, they need to be the same.

Whether they are 3.57V or 4.12V is not as important, as long as they are all the same. Also, 30Q cells need to be kept between 3V and 4.22V at all times.

Typically the easiest way to make them all the same is to charge them all on the same charger if you have a 1S charger. Otherwise you will need to do it manually by bringing the higher cells down - to match the lowest cell - with an automotive incandescent light bulb.

1 Like

You said 1s charger. But would something like this do the job ?

LCD Display Speedy Universal Battery Charger with Car Adapter, Zanflare C4 Smart Charger for Rechargeable Batteries Ni-MH Ni-Cd A AA AAA SC, Li-ion 18650 26650 26500 22650 18490 17670 17500 17355 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07428G1G2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_I1ZeBbFZPZ4D1

Yes. You can also just use resistors which are like $0.01 each

1 Like

Awesome man. Hella appreciate your input, it helped out a lot. Iā€™ll keep everyone posted once I start with this battery pack. Pretty excited

Are you going to use a resistor instead?

I might have the same problem soon

No. I wish I could have done it that way. But since I already bought the charger Iā€™ll be instead using that

If you use a resistor to bottom-balance the cells you need to select the proper resistance to get it done in less than an eternity. So for example

Assuming you want to use a 0.25 watt through-hole resistor

and assuming the biggest difference in your cells are off by 0.31V (like 3.90V and 3.59V for example)

then using the R = VV/P gives you R = (0.31V) * (0.31V) / (0.25W) = 0.3844Ī©

So then get some through-hole resistors at least 0.385Ī© like these 1Ī© ones

1 Like

Hey guys, Enertion had some pretty good (right?) motormounts for caliber 2 trucks and have published the designs online for free.

Does anyone have the pdf files of it for me? because I have found a topic about the files but I canā€™t access them (weird file types)

thank you :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d call those ā€œpretty goodā€

Theyā€™re decent

You canā€™t reverse-mount them and adjusting the belt tension is a MAJOR pain

Ah okay that are some problemsā€¦

I still would like to get the files so I can make one just for fun or so