Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

To add to both previous posts fish paper

3 Likes

Is there a thread with info on how to build your own pack. I keep just seeing little bits of info here and there on how to build a proper pack.

1 Like

Do you have a picture of this?

I am interested

This is probably the best

Thanks for the thought but that thread is more for battery selection than the actual steps of building one (that’s what I’m looking for).

Next dumb question for the day!

When connecting two FOCboxes together, should I use a CAN bus cable, or a PPM splitter?

Looks like they recommend a CAN-BUS cable. Does it really matter as long as data is transferred between the two? Would there be signal degredation by using the PWM splitter?

Thanks!

1 Like

use two receivers, the split ppm-canbus debate is way too much and you’d never get an answer lol…

Two receivers? You mean pair a single remote to both receivers, and have a single receiver for each FOCbox? I’ve got a Mini Remote which only comes with one receiver, to get another i’d have to spend $30 probably, and i’d have a spare remote…

Seems like there’s gotta be a better option?

i mean either is fine tbh.

Just to be clear, a dual 6374 esk8 has about the same amount of power as this 6 person car

(I’ve ridden both)

They aren’t weak by any stretch of the imagination :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

6355’s will get you in trouble real quick also even my 200lb keister :laughing:

2 Likes

Alright boys, let me know if this is scandalous, because I posted it over at a different spot, a few hours ago. Seems like this is a “nooby” question as well. If I shouldn’t “double post” let me know, i’ll delete it.

So slightly dumb question:SK8 6374-149KV or 6374 190KV for a Trampaboard? Looks like the SK8 has more power (W), and is cheaper by like $40 when you include the sensor adapter, and looks a bit more waterproof. I’m tempted to do the 149KV SK8 because of the torque to speed comparison. I don’t forsee myself needing to go 35mph (yet!), and added torque is always a plus! Thoughts?

By the looks if it, dual SK8’s will fit on Trampaboard Vertigo trucks, is that correct?

I plan on running FOCboxes with a 12s4p battery, 66/14 gearing, anything seem wrong?

Thanks!

Nope I don’t think you would need an adapter for the sk8 because it has a 2.0 jst connector.

Hey b264 thanks for the reply, i have two 6368 scooter motors from a previous silly rc project (didnt work out) and they are 280 kv. What could i expect from the board with these hanging off it?

280 kv is a bit high honestly, you’d be limited to a 6S voltage

1 Like

Those won’t perform as well as 190kv or lower motors, even if they are smaller. Two 140kv racerstar 5065 motors would be better

1 Like

thought so im running 10s 4p lithium ion. What kind of problems would i get? the motors are rated between 6s and 12s

Most of the ESC based on HW4.12 will have a max erpm of 60000 and that will exceed it

Fry the escs?

Yeah. At 10S you are limited to 225kv

http://calc.esk8.today/advanced/

And you want it lower anyway

3 Likes