Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Yes it would currently with these connected in series you have a 8s1p battery that has about 177wh I think. How large do you want your range

i already got 2 of them in the sales so thats why i asked (i plan to add more in the future), i was hoping for around 8 - 10 miles from a 8s1p setup or have i badly miscalculated?

dual or single motor? and any hills?

You haven’t miscalculated. That’s about 173 watt*hours and about 2-7 miles per hundred watt*hour

My mistake so @davewood1982 I would buy another 2 batteryies to make it a 8s2p

2 Likes

AT trampa mountain board, Dual motors, and some hills although nothing major

If you figure around 20 watt*hours per mile, and 3.6V times S number times Ah is approx watt*hours

so 3.6V * 8S * 6Ah / 20Wh/mi = 8.5 miles

1 Like

So as it stands right now, 8s1p would get me around 8.5 miles, And if i got 2 more in the future to make it a 8s2p it would get around 17 miles?

Yes, but those numbers are very fuzzy. Notice about I said “2-7 miles per hundred watt*hours”

That’s a giant range. It depends on whether you’re trying to maximise range, how you ride, your weight, terrain, wheels, drivetrain, electronics

Some folks can get 10 miles per hundred watt*hours (10Wh/mi) and a different person on a different day with a different board might get 2 (50Wh/mi)

1 Like

Good example here is I average 9-11wh per mile, I’m 130lbs. Pshaws build is basically exactly the same. He’s 200lbs and averages 14-17wh/mi.

So yea weight can be a big factor :slight_smile:

1 Like

my other board is only a 10s2p belt kit setup from diyeboard.com and i get around 6miles on that, that battery is 158.4Whs but has a fair bit of battery sag… hoping them Graphene lipos have zero sag lol

Right now I have dual 90mm hubs in the rear and 90mm chineseum wheels in the front. If I were to get some 97mm Flywheels and put two on the front would a 7mm difference be noticeable or an issue? I’m too broke to change to belt

Just want to say big thanks to Brimman and all the other experienced ones putting time in to answer questions in here, I know it takes time out of your day and it really helps, thanks

4 Likes

Starting to build my first Electric Skateboard, my plan right now is to use a 275 Kv Turnigy Aerodrive SK3, pair it with a Vesc and use two 3s 5000ish mah 30ish C rated lipos. My questions right now are why is the Vesc only listed to be capable of 50amp constant (Ebay) and what do I program the Vesc to so it works for me? What would happen if I ran this motor on a 3s rated esc on a 2s lipo? Thank you for your time!

This motor has to high of a kv to really use it in eskate. I’m guess that you are doing those batteries are in series and not parallel. What vesc are you using.

1 Like

Yes, in series. I was looking at a this Vesc first: [https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maytech-Benjamin-Vedder-Electronic-Speed-controller-VESC-3-3-firmware/302546260454?hash=item46712991e6:g:tRkAAOSwiDFYPFHa] But now I am looking at the DIY website and the one their looks better [products/torque-esc-bldc-electronic-speed-controller]. If 275Kv is to high whats more suitable? Ive found online that 275Kv works fine?

What is difference between 12 AWG wire and 12 Guage wire?

No difference

1 Like

The torque board vesc is better and will most likely not blow. Depending on your weight the 275 kv may not have enough torque to move under weight I would go with the 219kv.

do i really need to install a anti-spark in my wiring? silly question i know.