Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

@briman05 thanks didnā€™t even think of that! Would the antispark xt90 not be enough do you think?

Hello!

Im thinking of building a new board for myself! actually I allready got a board but non Electric. i got a Long Island 38" with drop through trucks! I usualy like gas Engines when im building stuff, like a motor powered bicykel or something like that. but im not going to put a lawnmower Engine on a longboard haha. thats why im asking you nice people to help me out here.

my weight is around 80kg, i live in sweden with both hills and straight roads. I like to build a strong bord with much torque and high topspeed, ca 50-60 KM/H. thats why im using dual motors. what do you think? is it possible?

I would like to build a dual belt motor longboard. Will these part fit eachother? what would you change in my shopinglist? I dont know anything about ampiere or watts so please help me here.

two APS 6374FR Outrunner BLDC motor 170KV 3200W

one HGLRC-Flipsky Dual FSESC6.6 plus ESC Baserat pƄ VESC6 Pro Switch

one V5 Fixed Dual Motor Mount Set https:///products/v5-fixed-motor-mount-set

Any controll will fit right? I dont care if int a screen on it i just want the controll :slight_smile: one (exempel) 2.4Ghz Remote Controller 2-Channel Receiver for Electric Skateboard Longboard

ill have to buy new Wheels, im going for the orangatang 75mm Wheels. for the pulley im going for 17t on the motor and 32t on the Wheel.

Powered by a 12s4p 30q battery. https://www.dhgate.com/product/diy-12s4p-43-2v-12ah-518-4wh-electric-skateboard/424274730.html

And some Bluetooth for my phone, its fun to se data :slight_smile:

What do you guys think of that? is it the right parts? is it okay to go for the vesc 6 dual or should i byr two silgel ones?

Thank you! / Linus

dual is fine the only issue some have with it is that if one side dies then the whole board will have to get taken out. Otang doesnt make kegel core wheels in 75 smallest is 80mm your loaded would be around 32 if you increase the wheel size the speed will go up. here are some calculators to play around with settings

https://calc./#/0

https://calc.3dservisas.eu/

1 Like

So my charger is hard wired into the BMS (discharge BMS and the DC leads of the charger are soldered to the positive and C-) and its never given me issuesā€¦the entire system is always fully connected since the loopkey is locked inside the enclosure and the power button is dead

I mean its not a good idea but its not outrageously dangerous either

Thank you once again briman for your answer!

yeah i saw that one :wink: but i dont know if im puting the numbers in properly.

Cont. Discharge? Motor Efficiency?

If i check the spec on the motor it says MAX VOLT: 10S (42V). the battery pack you recommend is 12s, are the vesc going to reduce the volt or how is it working? i dont want to blow anything upā€¦

Limit the amps in the VESC to be a little low and it should be okay-ish, you can slightly overvolt motors if you drop the amps so the power stays the same, but a 10s battery is in your best interest

Hey, how can I increase the braking force? Itā€™s totally weakā€¦ Setup (experimental build): Focbox on bldc, single 6364 192kv motor and a turnigy 6s lipo pack with 3000mah

Edit: I tried FOC and the brake was even weaker like nearly non existantā€¦ even if I click on full brake in vesc tool I can easily spin it with my handā€¦ brake2 Thank you!

increase the motor regen

Thank you!

its exactly this kind of info i want. thats why i posted all the things ill like to buy. so if someone very helpful electric genius can take a look and see if the parts i listed will work togehter i would be very grateful. i dont know what I should pay attention to.

I know PC. I know that the CPU socket and the CPU should match. the ram MHz and the motherboards limit MHz should matchā€¦ I dont know what im looking for hereā€¦

Okay so 10s instead of 12s. whats the name of the new battery? 10s4a 30q?

10s4p 30Q but yes, overall it seems good, have you run the numbers through speed and distance calculators? Maybe get a better remoteā€¦it has issues where it drops a lot

Okey nice thanks! yes allmost, its a few things i dont understand. Cont. discharge and motor efficiency, when im looking at the motor spec it dont say anything about effciency.

Hey guys what do you think about bigfoot wheels - im looking for 90mm wheels but dont want to spend more than 50euros on them. Also i live in Europe.

Efficiency isnā€™t that importantā€¦the system is around 70 to 90% efficient depending

Continues discharge is how many amps a system can sustain without damage, you can burst and pull more amps but it gets very hot

They look okay, probably not spectacular ride quality and grip but not awful

I have a single strip of nickel (0.2x10mm) they are sanyo 20700B with 15a discharge (fresh cells). Copper braid over, more nickle orā€¦? I will connect them in series with 10awg wire in the end but I want to make this pack to handle 50a (because over time these cells will have a discharge of 10a).

okay, buy if i type in 70% i get bad data. 90% is better. is that something i can change in vesc?

with 90% efficency, 80mm wheels, motor pulley 17t and wheel pulley 28 (to me it feels like no power in climbing with these pulleys) i get like 50km/h. is this counting two motors or one?

Continues dischargeā€¦ how do i know how many amps?

https://slickrevolution.co.uk/product/advanced-wireless-controller/

Would this controller/transmitter work on any VESC? Or is it somehow locked to the slick boards only?

Iā€™m looking to buy a remote with the LCD screen built in. I know the firefly can be built DIY but I donā€™t have a decent soldering iron so itā€™d end up very expensive.

Can someone help me identify what my issue is? I posted in another thread, but above is a link to it. Thanks

Looks like the board was ran with the loop key not 100% inserted. But thatā€™s a big guess. I have very little information.

2 Likes