Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Totally understandable. Its actually my bad because I ending up purchasing the deck and battery enclosure before purchasing. Im not set on channel trucks yet, but I had planned to put the 10 inch bajaboard tires on it so I dunno if that will work with kingpin. If it does then Im totally willing to change the trucks (I havent bought any yet). Any advice on that?

I canā€™t see any reason why rkp wouldnā€™t work with large numies but keep the kv low or you will lose acceleration trying to spin up those monsters and then go on to ridiculous high speeds. Around the 140 mark. Probably the most loved trucks atm are surfrodz rkp and tkp for more manoeuvrability. Anything with a wide hanger though is the go here. I believe trampa make a nice set too but they are pricey. 3d servisas make a 230 hanger too but again costly. If you were to go trampa then the pneumatic wheels and pulleys/mounts and clamps etc will all work together and save you some headaches. Good luck with the build though and keep the updates coming.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help! In your experience do kingpin trucks function well in offroad situations? I assume the heftier springs from channel trucks are better at absorbing terrain but in comparison does it really matter?

1 Like

Channel trucks are designed for mtb applications. They are the best option but not with that deck. Iā€™m guessing you want a kind of all terrain build as opposed to a full on emtb so rkpā€™s will work fine. You can always change to urethane and have a street beast too

1 Like

Either way you are getting a 12s1p in series. You would want a higher discharge so I would go with the 45c discharge.

I have a weird question, but maybe I am just thinking about drag cars. :laughing:

Right now I have evenly spaced wheels on both front and back (the distance between wheels, the ā€œstanceā€). But I am able to shave off, like, 5-7mm in the front from each side, making the front narrower.

Would this bring any positive changes, or shouldnā€™t I even bother and keep the wheel spacing exactly the same on both rear and front truck?

Youā€™d get less leverage on the front bushings so would need to change your duro for the same turning characteristicsā€¦ canā€™t think of any positive effects.

1 Like

No change it is then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m looking for 2-3mm neoprane sheets, Ebay seems to have fairly high prices, where else to look for shipped to eu?

both would work for you @AlvinB it totally depend on the range you want to get out of them and how much space weight you ready to take on your board.

Ok, thanks!

I am planning building a dual motor board with probably two 6s1p batteries in series.

But I have a hard time choosing a Vesc and a motor. I have some Ideas:

Vs

Vs

For a Vesc:

Vs

Other suggestions?

Thanks

depending on your trucks the Sk3 and Sk8 could be too long in dual. check the motor specs on hobby king for this. If you plan to build a MTB than it will work on trampa or MBS trucks, there is enough space.

regarding esc, get a focbox unity. they now on sale if you get two you get them for 199$ and you can sell one. Buuut I donĀ“t know when they will ship them out if you order now, so if you plan to finish your build in the next 4 weeks that is probably no good idea than.

I would rather go with HW6 vesc than 4.20, but again it depends on how much space you have and how much current you plan do draw on your build.

I am probably going to get the 218mm torqueboards trucks. So I think the motors will fit.

1 Like

sk8 is 80mm long, sk3 is 85mm long.

you can find a picture of 80mm lenth motor mount here https:///products/electric-skateboard-motor-6380-170kv

So depending on your mounts sk3 will be very close or not fit at all.

1 Like

Should I get a normal sized truck and mount he motors like this?

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/1/1/116dad18dc407a89e66f7bb3ddadabbf7fb9b675.JPG 47

I canĀ“t say. Maybe it will fit. just hold that in mind that the sk3 is 85mm long. the sk8 will probably fit as others did before on tb 218.

You could that is how mine is but if you go with 200mm surfrodz you could fit them with out a problem.There is a group by for sk3 sensored motors.

Hi, hoping you guys can help with this - a simple one maybe? I have a loopkey that disconnects my vesc from my battery and then a charge only BMS setup that doesnā€™t need the loopkey in to function - i.e plugging in the charger competes the circuit. Normally I charge without the loop key in - with the vesc off. What I want to know is will it damage my vesc if I charge, with the loop key in (the vesc switched on)? I want to know for two reasons -

1. So I can bench test and tweak while charging ( or is this a bad idea?)
  2. So I can see the voltage when charging via phone app and my voltmeter. Any thoughts? Iā€™ve searched the forum and canā€™t really find an answer other than that some non-diy boards do this when their BMS or antispark switches failā€¦ Last thing I want to do is wreck my vesc though! Thanks! Mike

I wouldnā€™t do it just because I feel like their would be more likely be a spark when plugging in the loop key while it is charging because you a completing the circuit of the board. Iā€™m not 100% sure but I would think it is just good practice to not do it.