Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

I’m guessing you are based in europe but you really should update the profile to include location my friend, it helps to get recommendations for suppliers. That said if i were you I would ask @bigben what he has available with regard to a hummie and enclosure. Best of both worlds and the prettiest enclosures that don’t break the bank. You will have to change the battery to a liion set up though. Lipos are very bulky unless you go for smaller s packs but then the wiring is more complicated. I would personally have a battery builder put together a nice 30q pack with a charge only bms. It will last longer and fit the profile of the deck/enclosure. Builds start with the deck/enclosure and develop from there most of the time.

3 Likes

I think I will go for lipos, but I can’t find any graphene professional wit a high c rating. But K think I will get a BMS instead of a hobby Lipo charger.

1 Like

I really want a set of sr trucks for mine but they are so bloody hard to get sent here. I put an order in and was waiting for the shipping quote. I’m still waiting. Since january. lol

2 Likes

Buying from surfrodz directly seems to be problematic for those of us outside the US.

I suggest you contact @psychotiller

Did that too but Dave went dark on me. I’ll give him another go. Or get one of my us compadres to order and resend.
What mounts are you running?

1 Like

My hub motors came out to be too small, and I can’t find appropriate outer “shell” part to replace that… is it possible to turn the hub motors into belt wise motors? (I have two of them and they were too expensive to buy new ones)

Witch remote?

Or Or https://flipsky.net/products/2-4ghz-radio-transmitter-remote-controller-with-receiver

The last one

1 Like

The new dual4.20 that was released the other day has been upgraded to work on 12s and FOC. there was some resistors that have these ESCs the issues they had. There is a thread somewhere showing all of this

1 Like

Mr @b264 is kind of set in his ways but it is a good remote saying that. Just depends on your preference regarding triggers or thumbwheels. I personally don’t like triggers but some people do and more power to them. It is the most tested trigger remote available. This is the best non hoyt thumbwheel remote there is currently available in my humble opinion

https://www.benchwheel.com/collections/patrs#

Cheap too. @kalebludlow 4.20 is just not tested enough for my liking bro. 6.6 has been.

2 Likes

@taz doesn’t the unity have kick to start and Auto off? Maybe you don’t need that switch at all?

2 Likes

This battery safety bag will not protect anything at all if a 12Ah pack start to burn. Do yourself a favor and buy a amo box or similar to store your packs. There plenty of good videos on YouTube how to build a lipo bunker cheap and easy.

Dave’s mounts. Give him some more time. He does that when he gets swamped with work.

1 Like

I don’t want it for the unity. I want it to change the one on my Evo that has focboxes.

1 Like

I have a 8mm motor shaft but bought 10mm pulleys. Is there any way to put it on or am I fucked?

IS this Motor good as a spare until i receive my 6374’s from Repair?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6374-192kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.htmlMotor Link

It’s not sensored. What 6374 are you having repaired? What board?

I have 2 basically new Torqueboard 6374’s from my DIY board that need to be repaired. It doesn’t have to be sensored if its just for a smooth start without pushing etc. I always push first. If i find something in the same price range sensored, that would be good too. Shipping inside the EU

How much space is between the motor mounts? These sk3 motors are longer than the TB6374. Do you have 85mm? I forget the exact dimension.

If they will fit physically, they will work electrically.

1 Like

Definitely enough space. Matrix 2 Trucks with the Motor Mounts from @Idea

Do you nknow how they are sound wise compared to the TB ones?

1 Like