Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

If you donā€™t want to buy from 145ptags.com, they do sell the same products on Amazon.

Kapton tape is very heat resistant, but not at all robust against abrasion, which is what the fishpaper is great for.

1 Like

Come on guys. Help this noob out :grinning:

Hey there my young brother. :sunglasses: I use that same bms just a higher amp version and yes you can use that switch but without the led. Bms only gives out plus and minus voltage so its above my pay grade to get the led working if you can. Any old switch will work. I used an old diye board one from a blown esc and it works fine.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I would need this one right?

Hello, new to the esk8 community, just started college so thinking that it would be nice to have a board to get around with. I donā€™t need long range, 10-15km(6-9miles) is enough just to get around the campus occasionally, mainly just to get to and back maybe a few times a day to a mall connected to the campus with a covered walkway(<1km one way probably). So i donā€™t need much range and speed, basically just to make my life easier. A small board is preferred. I donā€™t have much to spend either. I live in Malaysia so i donā€™t have access to the US parts. Iā€™m looking at this board from china which basically fulfil what i want for just $70. Its quite short at around 60cm. here are the official specs

Wheel Diameterļ¼š73MM Motor efficiencyļ¼š250W/24Vļ¼ˆ1äøŖē”µęœŗļ¼‰ Battery Capacityļ¼š24V/2.4AH Theoretical Rangeļ¼š8-10KM Maximum Loadļ¼š100KG Weightļ¼š3.6KG Single Hub Motor Maximum Slope angleļ¼š15 degrees top speedļ¼š18KM/H

Yes I know Chinese so I can buy stuff from taobao easily. Just wanted to know if this board is better or sourcing parts myself from taobao

Thanks big bro. Getting the led to work is unimportant to me. When the board is on, I will be riding it so I wonā€™t be able to see it :smirk:. I just need to make sure these switches are reliable and will not unlatch when I hit a bump turning off the board.

Right now I have this switch, which although reliable so far, needs a 20mm hole in the enclosure.

Source parts yourself. Thereā€™s no way a $70 board will work longer than a month. You can barely make a decent battery for that price.

1 Like

Hi, I have been doing a lot of research on this build, I am sood gonna order the parts but I want to ask If I should change something.

Motor 2x:190 kv 6374

180ā‚¬

Vesc:

250ā‚¬

Battery 2x:

240ā‚¬

Battery bag:

4ā‚¬

Battery precenteage indicator:

10ā‚¬

Remote/receiver:

50ā‚¬

Mounts/wheels/trucks https:///products/dual-motor-mechanical-kit?variant=712352301079 370ā‚¬

Light: https://shredlights.com/collections/shop/products/combo-pack 75$

Everything about: 1200ā‚¬

1 Like

Youā€™ll struggle to get that in the side of Alans enclosure for the evo unless you have the double stack. Just about fits the 12mm

Really shit picture clearly shows 2 12mm holes for switch and charging port :joy:

2 Likes

I like your choices there because it shows some good research. What deck/enclosure are you building on?
Motors are bullet proof but unsensored so will need a little push but sensors are just another thing to go wrong imo (and are for pussies) 6.6 flipper is the best of the flippers according to popular consensus Graphenes are the best of the best lipos but I would personally go for a higher c rated version. 40c minimum really to appreciate them fully Mechanical kit from tb is good quality gear if you take the time to understand how to set up the mounts.
Remote is something Iā€™m not familiar so can only recommend my personal favs which are maytech or benchwheel. Donā€™t chance an untested remote my friend. Its the most important part of any build. Research the flipsky and get some real world testing before you pull the trigger. (pun intended) Get a build thread going with all this and move yourself out of the noob area. Help will be forthcoming. Good luck with the build.

Brian if you say mini remote I will shoot you.

Mini is a great remote. There I said it.

2 Likes

@AlvinB I agree with @dareno and also, check out this remote. Itā€™s rock-solid.

https://forum./t/how-to-bind-the-mini-remote/95

2 Likes

I got the 4wd double stack so it fits, still I donā€™t want to drill a huge hole so this is why I am looking at smaller switches.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @dareno . Some questions.

1. About the skateboard deck, do you have any suggestions under 200$. I donā€™t think I can have a flexy deck, couse I will probably not fit all the parts In two separate enclosureā€™s.

2. Do I need the flipsky Vesc dual 6.6? Or should I get the dual flipsky 4.20 plus, It can handle 12s. Couse the 6.6 Vesc it is kinda expensive.

3. I thought the HK 192kv motor was sensored, any suggestions on other motor. The torqueboards 190 kv 6374 looks good.

4. I know I am asking alot but, any recommendations on a higher c raiting battery?

Thanks.

That thing will kill you little bro. Just ask @Battosaii

1 Like

Oh no, I wonā€™t make it into 4wd. I just bought a second hand unused 4wd eboosted enclosure.

As much as I would like to turn it into 4wd

1. It costs a lot more than I am prepared to pay
  2. It will weigh a ton
  3. I am too old for this shit :joy:

Thanks for looking out for me big bro :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Motors are a hot topic right now and there are numerous threads on the pros and cons. If you want sensored then go for maytech but they are pricey.
Stick with the 6.6 flipper. 4.20 has some set up issues and Iā€™m not sure that they like 12s very much so donā€™t take the chance. Stick with the graphenes but go for a higher c rated version.

As for decks; What do you want it to do? Do you want speed or carving?

1 Like

Little bit of both Carving and speeed

You will love the evo. I absolutely adore my one. Dual 192ā€™s 12s 4p and it flies. Pulls my big arse up any hill and still has the ability to scare the shit out of me.
What trucks are you using?

1 Like

Oh, I do.

SurfRotz 200mm rkp with 45 degrees baseplates.

Motors now are 6374 190kv sealed Maytech. The plan is to upgrade the 12s5p battery to 12s8p.

1 Like