Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Evolve Carbon GTā€¦sorry

Ah Iā€™m with you. No mods necessary. Itā€™s just a plug and play between your battery and esc. What connector is on the battery and what connector is on the esc? Pics if youā€™re not 100% sure

20190318_183332

Its hard to see but its a weird proprietary connection not xt60 or 90

What is the fastest speed you guys will go on surfrodz TKPs?

I wanna see if my gear ratio is still to high

If you know how to solder, itā€™s not hard to swap connectors out. Battery connector looks weird. You could look into existing anti spark switches but many use xt connectors as well.

1 Like

cool i plan to swap this Evolve ESC out with a Unity would I still need to do this?..when i plugged it in i noticed the board was powered on. Do you think that had something to do with it?

Could be. Unity has built in anti spark. I have one and can confirm it works great so far

1 Like

Where do you live? I have seen red boa somewhere. Anyhow the wheels you posted are abec core. You have to see the internal core. Kegel or abec. Now day mpst of the people want kegel, but I am also using abec. We can make the adapter for both no problem. For Abec I would look into abec 97 mm s black superfly.

12s3p is smaller in size than 10s4p it will fit no problem in the deck, donā€™t worry :wink: I am using 12s3p with 30Q and with this motor is giving me 25km at least. I donā€™t know how much range you need.

I live in The Netherlands.

Where did you find it? Everywhere I looked the wheels are < 85mm, or have the ABEC form factor (and most of these are also out of stock). This is the only one I could find with boa wheels, but itā€™s out of stock (both colors).

Damn, I thought I checked :/.

I donā€™t have a preference, any other than that I must be able to buy one. If the adapter works for ABEC then thatā€™s fine, they seem to be better in stock anyway.

I know they can fit theoretically, as there are 4 less cells. But Iā€™m wondering how you would lay out the cells given the problem before.

I was thinking 25 at least, with hopefully a little bit of extra in case of headwind (itā€™s The Netherlands after all). There arenā€™t any hills, so that does not have to be taken into account. My goal it to get to my work reliably without having to peddle the last 3 kilometer. That is 22 kilometer away, on pretty much a straight road. Of course Iā€™m able to charge up the board there.

1 Like

If you have a straight 22km 12s3p cna probably do it if you donā€™t use it at 100% speed all the time but I do not like to discharge so much the battery so maybe 4p is better. Are you sure can not fit at least 11s4p in the deck? it has pretty big grooves. If I have time I could model it or maybe just try it in power point to put cells with the right size in the chamber (measures are published on the thread) and we can see it. If you use unity that is dua and small, no need of antispark because included. Small charge only bms like Bestech D140 (good one) should be totally feasible. To me also 12s4p. What you say about the layout itā€™s only because you didnā€™t try to draw it. If you have different number of cells in one chamber compare the other doesn;t make any difference. I also do like that. You can check my integrated deck (Bullydeck is the name) I am making that use similar grooves in size and fits 12s4p with nese modules that takes more space. Maybe 12s4p is not possible but 11s4p is also worth it.

1 Like

Hey there, very new here (to the point that I am still unable to start my own thread asking my questions haha), but then I saw this noob thread which is obviously perfect for me!

Iā€™ve been searching and reading, but Iā€™m hitting a few walls for a couple reasons - Iā€™m in the UK (so 90% of whatā€™s here wonā€™t help me as the parts are US only), and Iā€™m not really looking to build what the ā€˜normalā€™ e-board build seems to be. So I figured iā€™d just put up what Iā€™m looking to do, and see if the end suggestion is either a specific DIY build config, or just buying a cheap pre-made!

What I want is a stable platform (so probably longboard), but which would need to be able to handle the rough UK roads (so probably pnuemo tires). Top speed is NOT a goal, as Iā€™m unlikely to ever need it. Much prefer longer range and stability and control over top speed. HOWEVER I would be taking it onto grass and maybe even onto beaches, so I guess torque is needed?

Questions end up being -

1. Longboard with tyres possible, or would I need to go for a mountain board? Is there issues with this?
  2. Would a dual-motor setup be needed for grass/beach usage?
  3. What kind of thing would you suggest for my needs? Would modifying a cheap pre-made be better, as top speed isnā€™t a requirement?

Hopefully you lovely people can give me some pointers on my somewhat weird setup. Iā€™m going to carry on looking for recent UK based builds and see what others have done :slight_smile:

When it comes to adjusting throttle curve for brakes is it the negative number (ex.: -12) that creates less aggressive braking or is it the positive number? Also, is it really necessary to adjust pos/neg ramping time and throttle curve in FOC?

Does anyone know where I can get this?

1 Like

Digikey or Mouser. Looks like 220Ī¼F (microfarad) and the voltage depends on where you found itā€¦

2 Likes

Motor Max: max torque at low speed
Motor Min: max brake at low speed
Battery Max: max torque at high speed
Battery Min: max brake at high speed

Both ā€œMinā€ should be negative

2 Likes

Thanks. This came from the feather receiver. I was switching my electronics out and this got caught on one of my wires. :sob:

Iā€™m just waiting on @StefanMe to pm me the specs. He said I could still use the receiver without the cap but Iā€™ve already switched remotes.

Are these welds good?

Thoughts on this? Just got a non-programmable dual ESC from DickyHo and I think itā€™s pulling to many amps, the battery can do maybe 30A but the ESC can draw 70A and I donā€™t want to kill the battery

https://www.amazon.com/RGBZONE-Analyzer-Precision-Digital-Battery/dp/B01GZXWH7E/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?keywords=inline+power+meter&qid=1553126763&s=gateway&sr=8-11

Is it a bad idea to do something like this.https://youtu.be/b_kGgPVrcCI