Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Interesting. Ive got a Verzund charger from the 10s2p pack I got from hyperion, should I scrap that thing?

Im planning on a 4/5 amp charger for my 12s7p boardā€¦ is there a quality solution that I can take out with me and change between the 2 and 4a? :stuck_out_tongue:

e: Am I able to charge at 4a with my 10s2p 30q board? :thinking:

I think I read that per p group, samsung 30qs can take 3 / 4 ampsā€¦ Just making sure

Will it simply not charge or will it cause damage to the battery and BMS?

If itā€™s one of these, I wouldnā€™t trust it. These things are absolute shit.

https://forum./t/pictures-and-nothing-else/79/55?u=b264

https://forum./t/reply-to-pictures-and-nothing-else-thread/81/22?u=b264

Slightly different oneā€¦Iā€™ll take a peak under the case later to see if itā€™s the same

15530357487611999918724 If i wanated to use a 30q instead of 2 cheap AA batterys would i need a resistor because at full charge the 18650 has 4.2v and 2 AAā€™s only has 3.2 I thought i might over volt the system.

1 Like

A resistor wonā€™t limit the voltage, only the current. Youā€™d need a dc-dc converter.

3 Likes

Could i get away without one or do u think it would damage the remote

I donā€™t know what the upper limit of the remote is, you might not need anything at all other than a small battery protection PCB to prevent accidentally discharging the cell below 2.5-3v. One way to find out: experiment!

1 Like

The voltage would drop across a resistor but you need the resistance of the rest of the circuit because the resistor needs to be proportional

No; I have been running a Mini Remote on 4.2V lithium-ion for years now.

However, I might add Iā€™ve only ever recharged it once despite using it daily. Putting that much juice into this remote means it lasts so long you almost donā€™t even need a charge port :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes ā€“ without one

Thank you for your reply!

The motor price is in Euro never mention $ :wink:

Wishful thinking Iā€™m guessing :stuck_out_tongue:

I would think about a 12s3p battery instead of 10s4p for the extra power.

I would rather have a 12s3p, but the board does not really allow for it, see the following image:

It has two big pockets where everything would have to fit in. It barely fits a glued 5p pack in the width (Iā€™m looking into not using cell holders so I can make it a 10s5p). If you build a 10s battery youā€™ll have 5 packs in both pockets, with 2x +/- 15cm left for your VESC, BMS, receiver and other stuff. If you go with a 12s3p system you gain space in the width of the pockets, but loose in length. the space in the width is about 24mm iirc, so itā€™s not doable to put your VESC in there. Iā€™m open for ideas if you see a solution!

Plis for the moment the kit comes with kegel adapter no abec but that can be changed no problem. I would look for 100mm BOA wheels

They are currently nowhere in stock, Iā€™ll be on the lookout. If they are not back in stock before I want to ordere then these wheels should also work right?

does the battery suppose to spark like that when you plug it in? lol.

No, you should use a loopkey or anstispark switch and make that connection last

I donā€™t understandā€¦ Iā€™m speaking of plugging the battery into the ESC

Are you plugging the battery directly into the ESC?

yes and it sparkedā€¦everything still works it was sorta violent i thinkā€¦i donā€™t know.

Please read. You need anti spark. Every spark is hurting your battery/esc. And my soul.

1 Like

thxā€¦good info. am I suppose to modify a CGT like this?

Cgtā€¦ Sorry Iā€™m being slow