Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

https://www.trampaboards.com/lcd-battery-display-with-carbon-fibre-mounting-plate--screws-p-26183.html

1 Like

Theres a small button on the back of the display that i have no idea what is does. Maybe thats it?

1 Like

Yeah, that button lets you set the cell count, and maybe the battery chemistry. Play with it, you’ll probably get a number that you can cycle through, and maybe something like L/F/P for different chemistries.

1 Like

Thanks bud

2 Likes

Screenshot_20190319-094827_Chrome Sorry to ask, but how can I get the last value?

Start with 11.2 and adjust after you ride if you find you use less energy than most people

1 Like

Oh thanks for that info, I thought I would need to have it as I was building it, not after it

It’s safe to charge through the BMS if the ESC is still connected right?

My single drive build slips a lot. Not belt skipping but wheel slips when applying (I guess too much current) How can I solve this?

1 Like

Lower the current settings on the vesc

Will that decrease performance?

Yes. You can also get softer wheels and/or wider wheels. Turning up the “motor max” minimum current until it doesn’t slip anymore, then turning it back down just a little, so you can barely make it slip, is what I recommend

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’ve made a lot of changes to my ‘to buy’ list since last time I asked to check it. I got a smaller board, which meant I had to go from a 12s4p to a 10s4p (but getting portability in return). I also changed the motor, it’s now a direct drive from this group buy. I also added a lot of smaller stuff I’ll missed, so I think it should be complete now.

Can any you check my list for any errors? Incompatible items, x is better, that kind of stuff.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve wired the charger to stay on the board and the loopkey is locked in, will I die? All I do it just connect it to the wall while in class[poll type=regular results=always]

• You’re gonna die in a fireball
  • You’ve got a convenient setup [/poll]
1 Like

We’re all gonna die eventually.

But I don’t think this is a issue. Why would you do this tho? adds more weight and trouble to the board. why not bring charger separately

2 Likes

I’ve often thought about building a charger into a board and just carrying an AC cord.

4 Likes

Hi! I checked fast but seems ok. The motor price is in Euro never mention $ :wink: Of a short board and you want to use such big wheels like 107 abec I would think about a 12s3p battery instead of 10s4p for the extra power. Unity is pretty good in handling 12s. Plis for the moment the kit comes with kegel adapter no abec but that can be changed no problem. I would look for 100mm BOA wheels, which are kegel core and still big. In the MAD Fury thread in the first post is the second rending with red wheels. These are BOA 100mm

1 Like

I think the heat from it would be your main enemy. Those 2a ones from china get hot :rofl:

No clue if better ones maintain heat well or not… :thinking:

Because it’s a 42V 2A charger…it actually weighs less than the LED block on the front so it’s hardly an issue

Also the enclosure is a duct tape wrapped cardboard box so it’s easier to have the wires internal with the voltage step block stuck to the side of the enclosure, I just have the AC cord disconnected in my pack because it has that 8 shaped reversible plug

@b264 Its super nice actually…it’s charging in the back of the lecture hall rn and nobody suspects a thing

I’ve had a bunch of those china 2A chargers die. I would never use one of those.