Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

@Benwebber reply here

Is it a bad idea to short a car battery with a solonoid and a momentary switch to be used as a spot welder?

Legend has it the answer is yes, a car battery will put out like 1000 amps if its warm so youā€™ll need a beefy solenoid and a pulse of like 1 ms

Put some metal rods in the box near the outside of the package so the board canā€™t get bentā€¦or make a wood frame to put it in

Itā€™ll cost more because weight but they canā€™t crack it in half or crush the parts

Shameless self promotion of a Chinese Company by an account made 25 minutes ago?

seems legit.

This is not the place to advertise. We let this go and it will be bedlam. Not appropriate.

Rant over.

2 Likes

Just gonna go ahead and subscribe their email address everywhere I can

1 Like

IMG_20190313_113048

Charging port. Which one is positive terminal and which one is negative?

Plug the charger in and use a volt meter to check it.

2 Likes

Good call, thank you.

I have 2x 6s 12000mAh batterys [Lipo]. Constant discharge 12c and max discharge 24c.

I connected them in series and rode 20km.

If i plug one of the batteries into my charger it says ~26%. But if i connect my new batterymeter it says 53%. Shouldnā€™t all be either 26% or 53%? [The Image of the charger charged for a bit so its not 26% anymore]

.IMG_20190313_181837~2-01 IMG_20190313_181905-01

Where both batteries new when you first created the board?

Yes. I bought them from hobbyking.

Devilishā€¦ Thereā€™s a website for that you know :wink: http://www.mailbait.info

1 Like

I know now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I filled my teachers email after he gave me a grade I didnā€™t deserveā€¦ Always funny to see his blownup inbox on the projector :smirk:

I mean what Iā€™m a good kid.

2 Likes

Iā€™m new here, so hi to all !

My problematic setup: I have 3x3(9S) LiPo Batteries (Zippy 40C 6,2A) and a 10s bms bypassed for charge only. My BMS starts with B- and then B1 up to B10. This is my BMS: www.amazon.de/dp/B07CMB83RN/ref=psdc_1626845031_t4_B07G2CSMHD I didnā€™t connect B10 as I have 9 cells. My Batteries have 4 Balancing wires for negative,Cell 1 to 2, Cell 2 to 3 and positive. VESC 4.12 and 230kv 3KW 6374 motor by the way

Now my question: Which of the balancing wires shouldnā€™t I connect to the BMS ? is it the positive or the negative wire from the Batteries. Where do I start ? This confuses me as there are posts which say different things. ?

Second question: Am I able to use Regenerative Braking with the bypassed BMS without destroying my Batteries, because I could potentially overcharge single cells while breaking downhill ?

Thanks in advance !

Fusion 360 got updated and now objects after extrusion look like that: f360 When I even try to change appearance nothing happens. Whatā€™s going on? I canā€™t work on something like thatā€¦

You should not use a 10s bms for a 9s pack it is made for a 10s battery so you need a 10s battery.