Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

So you say I need to connect the charging positive lead to the positive lead of the battery?

This is for an 8s pack, but the charge port wiring is the same…

1 Like

Yess thank you!!! I didn’t think of that, now I will hook it up right haha

1 Like

Also please double check the cells. If one is really at 1.something V, this cell is dead. Don’t discharge below 3.5V or lipos get damaged

1 Like

Yes I know that, I have bought new lipo’s and haven’t even hooked them up. I checked everything with a multimeter to be sure that everything works (which it didn’t) But still thank you

1 Like

Posted over at my Build thread but look to find information for as many venues as possible:

Say if I have Focboxes , and running hub motors, then I replace the hub motors with a belt drive (or any drive) , what additional steps would I have to take in order for it to work right off the bat ? Could I just plug them in , and say use perimetr/metr modes to fast configure ?

I can’t say about 6355’s but I am pretty sure Torqueboard and LHB’s motors are pretty much the same from the 6374’s I have from both suppliers. You hardly reach 3kw btw. At 16/36 gear 90mm wheels, torque is absolutely no problem from my experience, but since you are using a wheelchair maybe share your setup so we can better guide you.

Mount pullies, belt, motor, and connect phase wires. :ok_hand:t2:

I am not sure if electrifying walkers is a good idea since it’s kind of hard the keep the pace in sync at slow speeds. These motors are meant for high power (20+mph) electronics, maybe look for a dc motor if it’s really necessary.

I’m sure it probably isn’t but we’re up for the challenge and if it doesn’t work out we can make something else with the parts. It’s mostly for fun and learning :slight_smile:

How about an actual electric skateboard? :sunglasses:

I guess you can setup the vesc to run at very low speeds. Don’t know how turning can be improved since you have only a motor on one side. You can definitely try. :grinning:

Not sure exactly how this will work :thinking: but good with your build luck brotha. :wink:

Before you go, which motor would you choose. Is the higher amps and stator size on the TB better for my purposes than what the other has to offer?

I would go with tb since they have a key and c-clips and pre filed motor axles for secure pulley mounting. You should get their motor pulley too.

I think I’ll take your kind advice. I have to get moving on this thing. Thanks for the help ZC!

1 Like

Here I am again, how can I drill through my deck? Can I just drill through it or will I rip through my griptape

Drill through the top, you won’t rip your grip tape. :moyai:

How do you get the loop key slot to stay at the surface off the enclosure?

Get a loop key pane mount and put a little bit of glue or loctite on the top. @scepterr can print some for you.

1 Like