Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

On my board, I presome my the belt was too tight becaus it got stripped straight away

The Blue One | 12S LiFePO4 | 170kv 6374 | Caliber 2 | 30.43” Powell-Peralta | FOCBOX

5 Likes

Can i charge my battery while its warm or should i wait until it cools off?

If it’s not abnormally hot go for it.

2 Likes

How much clearance do you need between the motor mount face and the wheel face for a 15mm pulley? I’ve got 18.15mm according to CAD for a power transfer, deciding if it’s worth using 15mm HTD 5M or 0.5" x 0.375" 06B

Is this a viable option? It looks kinda sketch but if I can machine some plate and bore sprockets then that’s the power transfer done for $5.23

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Z410-Bicycle-Chain-1-Speed-1-2-x-1-8-Inch-112L-Blue/254151196660?hash=item3b2c977ff4:g:g4gAAOSw1V9cfgsu

I mean I’ve got 2 MayTech 6355’s, the black ABEC 90mm ReFlys, and a 12s4p 30Q in the works so it’ll be nice, but spending $70 on a dual belt kit seems wasteful

https://m.banggood.com/15mm-Wide-Belts-DIY-ABEC-Flywheel-Pulley-Kit-265mm-255mm-p-1222305.html?rmmds=search

Ive used 4 of these kits now and they work great. No complaints here. For less that $40 you get pulleys and a couple decent quality belts.

Key slots?

None, but for motor shafts without one, you can make a small notch and put the set screw into it. If you have a motor with a keyway, you can put the set screw into it as well ofc. In high torque applications i recommend threading 1 more 3mm hole into the pulley right above or below on the existing holes. This way you have 2 screws going into 1 keyway. On my mtb build i did this with a 15t pulley on a 6384 motor and i havnt had a single issue

Hello sorry I have so many questions and I have not found the answers I have the Unity with 3.5mm bullet connectors and my motor has 4.0mm bullet connectors I have found a connector from 3.5 male to 4.0mm female but I do not know if this works I can not solder myself see the pictures and I have still found voltage meter but I see that without connection what I need to connect to the Unity thanks for helping.chrome aliexpresshd aliexpresshd

If you can’t solder, things will be hard for you in this field.

That first link will work for motor to unity connection if what you said of your motors is true. I would put heat shrink around it and seal it for strength.

Battery meter needs to be hooked up to battery positive and negative somewhere in your circuit. Again, without soldering, it will be more difficult. You would need to crimp terminals to the wires and make a connector to include your battery. This will probably require soldering wires too for flexibility.

Long story short, learn to solder. Irons are cheap and you will gain 1500 exp.

7 Likes

but you know which connection plug I should use for the Battery meter.

For the battery meter display you will need to solder atleast part of it because there is no way connect it to a source that would provide this info without soldering. You will have to learn to solder. You don’t have to be good at soldering but you need to atleast be able to solder some wires together or atleast know someone who can.

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation I will learn to solder and buy good solder bolt from hobbyking.:wink:

I would go for a soldering station from weller you don’t want to have cold solder joints.

Heee with the fact that mtb board have angle, what does such angle does to normal trucks ? Make them more turny I guess, but will that effect their stability at higher speed ? And what if the angle is in the other way (like the landyazch (or whatever the fuck you write that) evo)) ?

16awg wire enough for 6374?

Definetely not. You want 12awg minimum or 10 awg if you can. Buying cheap will end up making you buy twice. Do the research and do it right.

2 Likes

I have 2 6s lipo 60c 8000mah battery I will run them is series how low awg wire should I buy (series cable)