Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Yep. Already ordered it

The only reason why I ordered it before you even posted is that based on your website description, you could move the motor laterally ±10mm laterally to tighten/loosen the belt tension. So I figured I added or subtracted 10mm to/from ~85mm and plug it into the BBman website.

I’m not sure if this logic is correct. Just taking chances here. Haha. Hopefully, it works.

Thanks

+/-10mm is only available with parallel bolt mounting slots like this :point_down:, specifically fits 63xx motors with 44mm diameter mounting hole pattern. pic7

X-slots can fit any 63xx motors regardless of their diameter mounting hole pattern. Down side to this is lateral adjustment is restricted, belt tensioning is thru the adjustment of idlers. :point_down: file2-1%20-%20Copy%20(2)

I didn’t realize you offer the parallel bolts. There isn’t any listed. You might want to edit your description on your website.

1 Like

Yes, I should update my website to offer the parallel slots option. Do u want to change your mount to parallel? Let me your order#.

2 Likes

DM’ed my order#. Thanks

Buy a mini remote. With most remotes, you can’t pair a different brand receiver, you have to get the whole package (remote and receiver together).

1 Like

Hey guys, so I would like to charge my lipo`s all at the same time, so I figured getting a BMS would be the way to go. I did some research and got this scheme. If you see something thats off please correct me :slight_smile: 0 I am planning on getting 2 chargers 1 now and 1 for group rides in the future for fast charging. The standard charger is on 40% of my total charge max (10A is my rated max for charging, so I am going to charge at ±4A. Read that staying at 40% of your max charge will keep your cells cycles at an almost optimum level. For group rides I will be charging at 7-8A but that’s a charger I will buy in the future :slight_smile:.

I am planning on getting this charger. The guys form esk8.nl told me that its reliable and does the job well. Its loud but I dont mind. I will get the xt90 plug since I have a bunch of them and that way I dont have to struggle with buying a charging port from lets say a hoverboard. Is that a good idea? Or would you do it diffirent let me know :smiley:

On a Bms I didnt really decide. I currently saw these ones. If you know a good 12s bms that goes up to 10A+ in the EU I would appreciate it if you could link me one.

Hold up, what 3 batteries will give you 12s? Your diagram is incorrect.

3x 4S 10char

Better now :slight_smile: ?

Ah wait my mistake, I think your diagram is fine lol. I looked too close to those balance leads and thought all the negative terminals of each battery was connected. But you will need all the positive terminals to be connected to the BMS balance leads wise.

Second, P- is for discharge only. You need to use CH- for charging and then you can either run the BMS bypassed or use it for discharge.

This is how I lay out my BMS. If you don’t have a 13th balance lead then you don’t need to put a negative balance lead. -Based on my diagram displayed here, it’s a 11 pin balance lead layout. -Also it is bypassing the BMS.

Edit: my battery is 10s, also note that this is per every cell parallel group 10s%20BMS%20diagram

1 Like

Yeah got all the positive wires connected :smiley:. Only one negative connected at the top that says 1-. Ah you send a scheme I will take a look!

1 Like

EDIT: so I changed the scheme. So I would be good to go now right? 0 Did you know a good bms seller in EU? Dont need a really expensive one since i only need about 10A.

This won’t work, it will blow the BMS. The balance wires are off-by-one.

There will either be B0 through B12 or B1 through B12 for a 12S BMS

I haven’t ever seen B-1 through B13

Look in here. This is a 2 x 5S for 10S total, but same idea

No. Not good to go

Ah I assumed that there would be 12 and 13 lead BMS’s for balance wires on 12s, as my 10s BMS’s I have worked with have both 10 and 11 leads. Totally my bad.

You’re right but @epster’s diagram is not right.

Also B-1 through B13 is 15 wires and I only see 13 on the photo and B0 and B1 are missing

Not paying attention to details or assuming things don’t matter is the fastest way you are going to break something very expensive and have to buy it again.

So to get this clear for me. my current wiring from the batteries towards the bms (balance wires) is wrong. But the wiring for the positive and negatives from the batteries and the charge port is correct?

Edit:

I used this BMS as reference and that had 13 wires and that’s how i setup and based my scheme on. https://www.ebay.com/itm/12S-15A-Balance-Protect-Circuit-PCM-BMS-for-43-2v-44-4v-Li-ion-Li-Po-Battery-873/323217175378?hash=item4b413eb352:g:qooAAOSwNvxa2rCm:rk:1:pf:0&LH_ItemCondition=3 I think I now see the mistake I made. But I am not entirely sure because the parts you talked about B-1 through B13 and B0 through B12 and such are new to me.

Sorry :sweat_smile: I will look it up next time, was on the fly till now. But from the looks of the BMS itself, there are 13 leads from the first link and then 12 from the second link to the BMS.

From your diagram @epster , based off the first 13 lead BMS, it looks fine. It’s just that you need to make sure that B-1 is connected to the bottom of the pack (negative), which is fine. This particular BMS also has a CH- unlike the other link you had first posted which is fixed in your recent diagram. All in all, to me the diagram is fine. Not sure why @b264 sees that it is wrong.

Edit: nvm I think both BMS’s have their own dedicated CH- port, it’s super unclear from just the photos on ebay lol, still all looks good though.