Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

You can get good, or cheap. Your choice.

Cheap = KEDA

Good = @psychotiller Maytech

1 Like

I mean Iā€™m personally running dual chained maytechs and a 12s4p 30q pack but this is my friendā€™s first board and he wants the process but not the cost, weā€™re looking for 7mi range and maybe 18mph top speed with low acceleration and itā€™s basically flat here

Iā€™m getting 18mph out of a single 350W hub motor in this place

I just wanna know if it will work worth a KEDA motor, do they have the reliability to go a few miles a day every day in nice conditions and low load or do they fall apart anyway?

KEDA will work for that, especially if you work on it.

What do you mean work on it? Like maintain and look after it or replace magnets and bearings?

Also is 11mm of HDT 3M belt enough for that power range?

Coat the magnets with epoxy and coat the windings and maybe add copper super-stranded silicone-insulated phase leads.

Search the phrase ā€œbattle hardening motorsā€

2 Likes

And the belt?

And is it worth battle hardening something like a MayTech?

It blinks red once and thats it.

Yes, but the Maytech is already very good when you buy it.

1 Like

Yea that is faulty!

Send me a pm with your order number and contact info! Ill have a replacement sent out!

Hello , my boared , does not cut out out any more but , sometimes there is a delay between remote / upridictable, im guessing itā€™s the receiver , my remote is the cheap stick one , any one recommend any reciver

If you havenā€™t purchased the motors for your friend Iā€™m selling koowheel hubs that work with VESCs, almost certainly cheaper than the cost of the belt setup, but if thatā€™s what heā€™s after then thatā€™s all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got a replacement mini remote after my Nano-xā€¦ incidentā€¦ the other day. Few questions I have:

1. what do st trim and th (throttle Iā€™m guessing) trim do exactly?
  2. Iā€™ve seen reference to the thumb wheel being used like a cruise control. Is this the standard function of that wheel?

The thumb wheel is just a second PWM channel just like the trigger. You can hook it up to your throttle if you wanted to.

One of these days Iā€™m going to make a lights/bell/horn controller that uses the second channelā€¦unless someone else makes one first that I can buy.

2 Likes

Give me 3 days and itā€™s up for sale/ Open Sourceā€¦ :slight_smile: If you are interestedā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Any info on the pots?

I donā€™t know much about them because theyā€™ve never failed on me. The power switch is the first thing that fails on a mini remote.

BE GENTLE WITH THE POWER SWITCH if you want it to last. Seems if youā€™re very gentle each time you use it, it lasts much, much longer

Does anyone know the ā€œtolerancesā€ for belt selection for these mounts? Trying to NOT buy any more belts if I donā€™t have to.

According to BBman calculator, my next desired belt is 305 based on my gearing. I only have 295, 300 320.

Thanks

What is your pulley ratio?

16 36. 10 char

300 might work, ideal length is 305-310mm. Please note: length is specific to my Janux Dual Motor mount, https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-dual-motor-mount-with-stabilizing-crossbars-black-anodized-finish

2 Likes