Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Did you check the voltage on the leads including the xt90 connectors? It should read something. Also your antispark should be a XT90s not an XT90.

A diagram ex. image

1 Like

Would replacing just the key with an XT90s stop future issues or do I need to replace the male as well?

Yes you only need the female XT90S, male is normal XT90.

XT90S_female

2 Likes

XT90s females are antispark, XT90 females are not. But if you aren’t getting any power from the battery then something is wrong. you need to check your voltages with a multimeter to see if you are getting any power at all. Maybe you didn’t wire something on the IRL battery.

Unless you got a 3d printer and design skills :wink::wink: or a vacuum former :cry:

Current order will be part of 2nd batch so there are still places left

2 Likes

A 40" deck is okay on campus if it’s not in the city

But you’re gonna wanna learn to pick up the board while riding otherwise you will hit peopl

And try to learn turning with a kicktail (I added a metal plate to the trucks as a kicktail)

Is your BMS charge only?

It’s wired for both charge and discharge based on the diagram.

Ah thanks. Not familiar w charge and discharge BMS. It didn’t look the same as mine but then again mine is charge only BMS. That’s why it made me scratch my head. Haha.

I believe most users here run charge only here due to “battery max/current?” limitations. This is what I understood from reading about it and also why I opted for charge only. I could be wrong though.

Man I wish I had you guys in college. My entire campus had underground tunnels connecting it :triumph:

2 Likes

Make motorized heelies instead and run wires to the motors from electronics in a backpack

It would be so much faster than walking and have much better turning if you stay below 10mph

1 Like

To give you some idea of how strong a Pelican can be, I’ve driven over a couple with a car before and all they got was a couple scrapes, gear was perfectly safe

It’s mostly a factor of size and price. A BMS that can handle 60+ amps discharge will be larger (and more expensive) than one that just monitors the cells and a charger.

2 Likes

Ah I see. Thanks.

I updated my focboxes (ver 1.6) with the 3.40 firmware through vesc tool. Would like to know is it possible to update to 3.43 fw even though supported firmware shows up only 3.39 & 3.40? Does it matter?

I didn’t mean about how strong it is I meant if a plastic box is good to have the unity running in it or if something metal would be better But anyway i bought it now, enertion support meant it’s ok

Metal or carbon fiber isn’t always better, because it conducts electricity and therefore traps your radio frequency remote signal from getting inside.

3 Likes

didn’t think about that

It’s totally fine if your receiver is outside the Faraday cage, in fact, it’s better. But often the receiver needs to be next to the ESC.

1 Like