Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Im not a banna im a apple

:rofl: it was not about you. @moon posted once a picture of the fishpaper after he received it. as scale to understand how much it is, he laid down a banana on it.

he has so much fishpaper, if he one day would be homeless (what iĀ“m sure he never will) he could just sleep in all the fishpaperā€¦:joy:

2 Likes

Oh lucky him , one day Iā€™ll have that fate too

15499835837791618118383 is vibration damping important

Iā€™m really not trying to sound like a jerk bit youā€™re just confusing me so much. Like, you say youā€™re great at woodworking so I have to presume youā€™re a decently smart dude, but youā€™re asking barrages of somewhat strange questions and it looks like youā€™re putting no effort into the quality of your work(hot glue stringing everywhere, poorly applied electrical tape)

But to answer your question , vibration dampening is extremely important in esk8

1 Like

Ok well hot glue stinging can be removed , and itā€™s like the 4th time I took apart this pack , so it will never be as near as fist time , for the vesc and stuff I might just use memory foam to ramen vibration then the basrtyys craft foam

@b264

Things I tried to get my issue to work: FOC sensored - (preferred defaulted setting) same results FOC sensorless - same result FOC hybrid - same result BLDC - magic smoke (bad motor only)

Sadly, I didnā€™t get the to switch the wires like you suggested. I already ordered new motors last night.

So check this out, unity still works (powers on, able to connect via bluetooth). I decided to hook it up to my PC to see if I could somehow check the logs. It wouldnā€™t connect. Hmmm maybe the cable wasnā€™t ā€œseatedā€ right, which happened the first time I did this. I go unplug the cable. The flipping port came out with it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:. I was like WTF. It seemed like the port is not soldered to the board. It was held on to the board by 4 small hooks.

So boys and girls, be careful when you unplug the cable from the type C port. Those thing arenā€™t soldered to the board. At least mine didnā€™t.

1 Like

Is the Pelican 1040 a good option as a focbox casing? And how would i mount it on my trucks? What 12S BMS do you suggest? What Charger do you suggest? Can i split the output to load 2 batteries at the same time? Whatā€™s a good spray to protect my electronics from water?

1 Like

Pelican case idk somebody else need to answer this. Why you want to mount it on the trucks? Bms- charge only? Split the output- so you want to charge lipos or LiIon? If you know what you doing than you can parallel charge them, but it will also take double that long

1 Like

So i can have max battery charge only bms, iā€™d say liion, just want to know if iā€™ll able to load 2 packs at once with 1 charger

You give very less info on what you want to build. There multiple answers to your questions possible but for this you need to tell a bit more. The case you can just bolt on or drill some threads in your deckā€¦ again we donā€™t even know which deck you have. I also still donā€™t get why you want to charge two LiIon packs at one time if you but everything in your enclosure you have only one battery there. Charge only bms I would say d140 from bestech rocks always.

Iā€™m going to have a top and a bottom mounted battery, probably separating the front and back side (escs) Itā€™s a Landyachtz Evo 39", i want to mount my focbox cases over the trucks, so iā€™d need some adapter (if that exists) or build something. but without having the items iā€™m a little bit unsure.

TLDR; Iā€™m building an EVO in the style if an eMountainboard

Iā€™ve had 2 USB jacks come off like that. Not on Unity, but on other VESCs. It fucking sucks. Hopefully the new 2019 firmware and tools will make USB redundant. The new software wonā€™t work on Unity though unless enertion works on it.

2 Likes

I know man. Talk about bad luck. Geez.

Iā€™ve already gotten online w enertion help desk. Theyā€™re gonna replace my unity. Downside is I need to wait for the replacement. They said ā€œhopefullyā€ by March. Ouch. Iā€™m sending this defective unit back to them right now.

Shit. This means I have to use my spare 2 focbox. Iā€™ve already got a good layout for all my electronics in my deck. In addition to it, Iā€™d have to drill a hole for my loopkey.:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Loopkeys are super-reliable anyway. It wonā€™t disappoint you.

IMHO they are still the best option at this exact moment

'course that could change any dayā€¦ but so far they are reigning King

Building the switch and ESC and other ESC all into the same unit is a terrible idea.

If these were FOCBOXes, youā€™d still have one good one that wasnā€™t broken, but now the whole Unity is toast

1 Like

Likes donā€™t count in PMs either.

1 Like

Hi. I was wondering how do I change and buy the rear/hub wheels if they get damaged or just wear out on Raptor 2.1? Or is the only one selling them Enertion? Would be weird if I have to order complete set of wheels with hub if I need replacing!

The best solution is to locate the motor on the outside of the wheel instead of on the inside of the wheel

1 Like

If itā€™s not the antisparj xt90 is that bad for the vesc