Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Just divide the Ah of your battery by the amps of the charger. So a 8Ah battery charges in 4 hours with a 2A charger and within 2 hours with 4A charger.

Yes. 12s4p 3000mah 30Q

3000mah/1000 3ah

3ah x 4(4p) =12ah

12ah / 8amps 1.5 hrs.

Correct math?

Are you charging at 8A?

Exactly :ok_hand:

1.5 hours is a great charging time for 12 Ah. This are the specs of 30Q

30Qspecs

A 4p pack you could even charge with 16A within 45 minutes :laughing:

1 Like

Yes

10 char char char

2 Likes

Yup, I figured but wanted to stay ā€œconservativeā€.

I thought Iā€™m conservative with my 3A and 4A chargers :rofl: I need more ampsā€¦

Well. I have 2 4amp chargers and 1 8amp.

I donā€™t charge 8amps all the time. Haha

2 Likes

Then you donā€™t need it and better send it to me

LOL. Nice try. :joy:

1 Like

Which charge port do you use with 8A?

1 Like

If I ever get a 16amp charger, Iā€™ll send this to you. Haha

2 Likes

This small hole.

2 Likes

Haha great! I have exactly the same charge ports from aliexpress and was worried to charge above 4A. The seller says up to 12A but that sounds way too much. Such charge ports are often rated with 4-6A when looking at electronic stores. But on the other hand they sell 8A charger with this system.

I have no idea if itā€™s good but if it works for you it could work for me, too. :grin:

1 Like

I bought the 8amp from @accrobrandon. He said it should be fine as long as you have a good gauge of wire and NOT use jht connector. Im using deans and added 15amp fuse on the positive wire charging port per @b264 recommendation.

Supa fast shipping. Legit.

1 Like

yessirā€¦and thx for the kudosā€¦ yeah 22ga would be on the lineā€¦but anything bigger is all goodā€¦ and ghe connector is key as mentioned. lemme know how long yur full charge takesā€¦ its usually close to an hour for me from 20% at 8amps

@pookybear @rich @accrobrandon
I was also debating using the 5.5x2.1mm for 8A charging but they are all rated up to 5A except one which is rated at 7A (but requires the super-long barrel plugs, and I donā€™t want to change all ten chargers)

But I thought theyā€™d probably work at 8A ā€“ especially if it wasnā€™t charged at 8A every single time, but only sometimes

Hearing this is confirming what I was thinking

2 Likes

wellā€¦ i guess ill be the test subjectā€¦ i only have 8amp chargers for saleā€¦so thats what i own and useā€¦every timeā€¦ since septā€¦so far so goodā€¦ i know kaly has those special ports that are long as hellā€¦ but no one else has em soā€¦

1 Like

What is a good plug for 8A? I was gonna use an XT30 with a 3D printed cap as a plug but itā€™s not exactly waterproof

I have them, and they suck because only the super-long barrel plugs fit in them. But they are rated at 7A instead of 5A like all the rest.

Let me repeat, they suck because only the super-long barrel plugs fit in them