Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

For a trike you could always go with a bigger motor like the ones from alien power systems. The 80100 motors output 7,000 watts, which is plenty. https://alienpowersystem.com/product-category/brushless-motors/80mm/ i haven’t tested these motors so I can’t vouch for their reliability. I Know that people use their slightly smaller motors for esk8 though.

Alien Power Systems has been delivering some bad quality lately in their bigger motors

1 Like

I’ve just seen a maytech 6880 somewhere on here (no words thread maybe)… maytech make nice motors…

1 Like

Yes they do, but the 6880 is nothing else than a 6374 with a bigger bell and an extra big bearing. So you will not increase the power output with them. But maytech sells 8085 motors, sealed and unsealed.

1 Like

I skimmed through some of the older threads about these wheels. What I found was these have different offsets. Meaning some of the flywheel pulleys will not work on this.

Does anyone know which ones work?

Special thanks to @KaramQ for letting me grab these.

1 Like

The only pulleys I know that will work are on thingiverse, linked from this thread

1 Like

Cool thanks. I was just on that thread too

Getting my guy CNC it for me. Hopefully, it turns out.

1 Like

You could also just modify some existing pulleys if you have access to machine shop metalworking tools. Get a regular aluminum pulley from someone like @JLabs and go to town modifying it.

The thing I suggest doing that is make sure you only grab wheel core and don’t grab polyurethane at all.

I’ll try to do that. I have some of @JLabs pulleys. I really like the modular way to change pulleys.

I’ve never modified for ABEC-style cores, but I have a tip from modifying ABEC pulleys to fit kegel style cores –

I intentionally put the bolts 1 degree too far on each side, so they really grip the core tight. So half the bolts are 1 degree too far forward on the rotation, and the other half are 1 degree too far rearward on the rotation. Really makes it so there is no slippage at all.

1 Like

That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll see if I can draw one up.

If you end up designing it lmk, I got asked about this wheel yesterday

1 Like

Will do.

Damn it 10char.

1 Like

The stl files are good I guess but they are stl files. I’m not even sure why websites like thingiverse don’t force you to upload a step file.

1 Like

So trying to do a heap of reading and research before jumping in too much.

Am I just looking in the wrong place or do lowish kv motors, like 50-60kv in something like a 6355 size not exist off the shelf ? The idea of a direct drive setup seems really interesting to me but not sure I’m game to rewire a new motor from delta to star / wye and don’t really want to just re-purpose hub motors.

would a belt slip to the motor pulley side without flanges?

I have never seen low kv rating 6355 motors. generally those low kv ratings are hub style motors

1 Like

I have that style on my racerstars and havent had that problem but I do have idlers on it so it keeps tension on it but not super tight tenshion.

1 Like

Hello I have a question I have a dual 6s lipo 60c 8000mah i run them in series so it is 12smy question is do I need a antispark switch and s Fuse?I thought the focbox unity have an inbuilt antispark switch but do I still need a fuse?

Put a 7.5A 58V fuse on the charger port. Not on the wire going to the ESC.

1 Like