Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

No I only lowetd the max current from what I read online ,I type faults and notify comes up in yes of faults

What do you mean?

Not absolute max , just the battery max to 45 because BMS is 45 , it word for like 5 miles then just cuts out , it’s so strange , that is for your help

So you’re battery/bms is rated for 45A max?

Not sure , just says 45a on it , I’ll send the link over

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192700833766, actually I think I set it to 35, not to sure

You can’t set your battery max higher than what your bms is rated for. So your bms will cut the power once the current limit is exceeded… You need to set it to 35A or lower… @paulbriz

1 Like

Ok thanks, I check with n the morning , it’s strange how it worked for a while at first , do 35 or even lower, what should you do

I would set it to 30 to be on the safe side and check if it works…

Thanks, it’s definitely bloody fast :yum: ,I was bloody ,

Is it okay to have the loopkey between the P- point if the BMS and the connector that goes to the ESC?

I’d imagine as long as it disconnects the ESC but leaves the BMS/charge port/battery connected its good enough but I’m not 100% sure

Putting it anywhere else will waste a bunch of connections to make a series connector with the loopkey inbetween the BMS and ESC, or I’d have to redo all the connections on the BMS to get the loopkey on the correct side of the charging port positive line

Generally it’s preferred to have the switching on the positive line where possible, but it’s not absolutely mandatory. You should be okay.

Avoid this remote, it’s old tech and has issues. Is your thumb trigger stuck? Did you tried to screw your old remote it apart?

Absolutely correct old son. Good idea to fuse the charge port also. Most fires happen when charging lithium batteries. Fuse on the port cuts the connection.

2 Likes

The fuse won’t make a fire impossible but certain failures can be mitigated. I’ve personally accidentally shorted a charge jack, as have many other folks, and I’m pretty competent when it comes to that stuff. Sometimes you’re in a hurry and just aren’t thinking.

4 Likes

hello i, changed the vesc settings to 35a and it feels like it improved but problem still happens were it cuts out i can get like 40 meters . im thinking it may be the reciver but im not too sure any idias , 10s battery voltage is at 33.6v and cut of is at 30v

1 Like

Go for 30a and try it again.

1 Like

Your 10S battery is measuring 33.6V?

That means you need to charge the battery, it has like 0.5% left

4 Likes

so thats the problem, for some reason i thought the reciver was going funny

Was the HS11 more c h o n k y (wider***) than the HolyCarve? My feet are kinda large and I like having a deck that doesnt leave parts of my feet hanging off :confused: