Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Ok Iā€™ll do that then. Itā€™s just that 10$ + 10$ + 10$ I think Iā€™m around 150$ of additional stuff. I think Iā€™ll go with soldering the wires directly together because I already see myself struggling more trying to solder the flat wires to those connectors than directly to the VESC wires.

Also it looks like I saw this was done already: and it seemed to work soā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s not right. Look at the picture you posted, than look at the blue marked spot here image

You see the wires where soldered to the right side, not to the pins inside.

2 Likes

hey guys thanks so much for hgepling me out , ive been rideing my board in https://www.betteshanger-park.co.uk/ which is great long truch , board so fast but sadly my brother came on it and now it just cuts out not sure why any idias , i ty recnfigyreing the vesc but nothing, im colour blind but my freaind saw a red light when it cuts out

ive done alot od reserch but still donr know what chould it be , im sure the vesc is configgured correctley

Will an XT30 be enough for a charger? Gonna use it at 50.4V 8A for one battery and 42V 2A for the other

In theory they can take 30A continuous and a 50V spark shouldnā€™t be long enough to jump the leads

1 Like

yes Ā 

3 Likes

Is it work using XT90s anywhere else besides the loopkey?

No

2 Likes

I would not have two chargers in your house at different voltages (42V, 50.4V) with the same plug on the end. Use a 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel plug for the 2A one

1 Like

You can use XT90S anywhere you can use XT90, and the male plug are identical. The female XT90S has a resistor and a ring inside while the female XT90 does not

Help, Bought using a maytech mtdu30a dual esc with their remote. How can I pair/bind my old wowgo/meepo/hobby wing remote to it as the maytech has failed.

When soldering on new wires on old motor wires how much heat is too much? I just tried soldering on a sacrificial motor and those puppies get HOT! Hot enough to melt the enamel? Not sureā€¦ But considering I want to shorten the original ā€œsturdyā€ cables and add longer extensions, I donā€™t want to melt enamel at the statorā€¦

The china stuff you canā€™t pair new remotes to them. Only if they have a separate receiver and itā€™s not built-in to the ESC. I would contact the seller

2 Likes

How do you find out if vesc is Brocken

What do you mean? Whatā€™s not working? @paulbriz

Basically, when , I throttle , the board cuts out and stops working , it did work perfectly fine

Did you change any settings like the max current? You can connect your vesc to your computer and the click ā€œprint faultsā€ in the vesc tool :slight_smile:

I think itā€™s just ā€œfaultsā€

1 Like

Screenshot_1

2 Likes

Iā€™m doing want to use that remote again as it jammed when braking. How about this. (attached pics) would that reciever work. Or do you know a SAFER remote that is compatible. 20190204_213718 20190204_213803