Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

This isn’t known yet

If I have a 10s 5p 30q battery than would mean 42v and 75a continues draw I think but what would be the burst?

looking to go the split ppm route (And I understand that I should only allow 1 of my vescs to give the 5v output into the receiver)

So is the Y servo connector/harness (used for these setups) Just a parallel adaptor like red with red white with white orange with orange (colour is just for reference)

I’m using different vescs so I’m not confident that Can-bus is the best option and I don’t want to buy another receiver for my mini remote So with that in mind any other suggestions for a different setup would be appreciated.

You could probably go 100a burst to play it safe alot of people say that the 15a max continuous discharge that the 30q are rated for is lower than what it can handle. So you should be ok at 100a as a burst

If you are going ppm splitter then yes you will want to cut one of the 5v outputs

1 Like

Not fimilar with a ppm splitter. What dose it do exactly

1 Like

It a y-cable. The signal coming from your remote to the receiver is going from the receiver to two vescs instead of one only.

Oh ok so that is not nessary with the new unity

1 Like

No. Even not possible

2 Likes

Unity is a two in one motor controller. You only need ppm splitter when you have two separate vesc’s

The question is always how long a burst is defined. With this pack you can continues draw 100a. I would do a bit of research what 18650 in general can handle for like 10s and than set this on relation to your 30q pack. How much you expect to draw as burst?

Not really sure what you mean by this?

12s5p 30q is 100a constant Your burst is definitely higher, but idk what you understand under burst. That can be 1s, 10s, 1m idk.

As it’s probably not so easy to find information how much you can get as burst out of the 30q cells I wanted to know how much amps you expect as burst… Maybe it’s more easy to answer you this question.

Ok thanks for the clarification. I would expect a burst to be somewhere from 5-10 seconds. Something as simple as a launch.

I’m not to sure how many amps I expect to burst. Do you know what your board draws on a burst? From what I understand the unity only allows 300a burst.

You have 6374 motors?

Yes I have dual 6374

I would watch this videos

There are live data from the vescs. This should give you a bit an idea what you can expect. I think your board will draw maybe a bit over the half of his max values
2 Likes

Dude that thing is a tank. Omg

2 Likes

Do you have a link to buy the 4.7 vesc

Nobody sells those any more, but clones of 4.12 are commercially available

1 Like