Noob question thread! πŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Also am i able to run a sensorsd motor with a sensorless esc without damaging anything?

How do we post our own thread?

I want to share my first build and get some pointers.

15mm belts :sunglasses:

4 Likes

good luck with that Let me know how that works out for you.

4 Likes

not sure what it takes to start posting but i think you have to spend a bit more time on here, like reading, giving likes, etc.

2 Likes

Got it; just after I replied to That I got approved to post.

Thank you.

1 Like

Are those HP server power supplies? I’m using the same power supply for my RC need to power up my I charger Duo. Nice

1 Like

Just happened to stumble across this on a build thread on the forum http://www.hugheshardwoods.com/ Hope it helps.

1 Like

What are peoples thoughts on the new FocBox UNITY ESC https://www.enertionboards.com/focbox-speed-controller/focbox-unity-dual-motor-foc-controller-esc/

Baltic birch is cheaper but maple would be better roarockit sells veneer

If one thing breaks, you have to buy all three things again.

But FOCBOX is one of the best ESC on the market.

what do you mean all 3?

If one part fails, now you have to replace the antispark switch, the left ESC, and the right ESC because it’s all built into one unit.

But there are also a lot of pros to using it.

3 Likes

yes all of the new upgrades look sweet

Yes however these are not the most commonly used DPS 600PB I used to run since at 1200W total I would trip them too often when charging at 40A. These put out 2400W total so I have all the juic3 my chargers require.

1 Like

This is what I have. My buddy and I turned it into this:

Screenshot_20190117-214258

I charge 40 amps while running tire warmers. No hiccups. Amazing for the price and purpose.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the one. Do you run 2 in series to get 24V or just 1?

Just one. 24v for me is a little too overkill for what I use it for.

I can charge 2 batteries (2s) on each port of my charger, have my tire warmers on while using one of the PS ports to power up my ts100 soldering iron. Amazing.

Super cheap but effective.

1 Like

fully agree. Unity is a wonderful thing on paper but focbox is proved. No doubt unity will be in time.
Redundancy is a funny thing. You go dual because of the power and the fact that if one thing goes wrong you will still have the other side. What about the fact you are now doubling the chances of something going wrong though? The more you add the more things you have to fail so the unity by definition should be more reliable than 2 seperate units.

Nice job by the way. I also used to race 1/10 electric touring cars.

1 Like