Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Does anyone have this charger? I’m trying to figure out the polarity. I have no access to a multimeter tool. Label on the charger doesn’t help either.

it schould be written on the lable. can you make a picture from the lable.

1 Like

Screenshot_20190116-012619

Not saying I recommend it, but one thing I noticed is that if you cut the connector off, the wires inside the cable are usually red and black, and red is usually positive. Of course I don’t recommend cutting off the connector to check. But if you were already cutting it off and don’t have a multimeter, it may be useful to know.

It’s much, much better to check with a multimeter.

Remember to always put a fuse on your charge port of your esk8 and never stick multimeter probes in there unless it’s fused.

1 Like

If they wired it up how it should be than it should be like this image

That’s what I thought. Positive is almost always at the center of the plug

2 Likes

You right, my bad. Picture updated. The actual picture is from my laptop charger.

Hey guys! I have a noob question! I decided to buy an eskate, the problem is I dont know what specs I need! I coudnt find a review that fits my city.

Where i live is all ups and downs, only hills, I need a skate that doesnt go that much far (10 km is just fine for me) but it need to be able to do like 15-20% climbs without slowing the traffic (I have to go to the roads since we have no bycicle lane), so good brakes and good capacity on going uphills very important!

Also the roads are not perfects! there are lots of holes and disconnected floors…is that a problem? Should I pick a bigger wheels skate?

So…i need to know:

• how much power i need? (2x400W is enough for 15% climbs?)
  • are normal wheels a problem in shitty roads? will i fall?

Thank you!

Ps. I m not a skater! I m a snowboarder, this would be my first time skating…and i didnt want to spend more than 300 euros = 350/400 $

You want a Metroboard Dual Stealth

2 Likes

Hi!

that you can never know, doesn´t matter which board/wheels you rock. Better be prepared for everything and wear protection gear!

2x400W is technically enough for big hills, but you’re going to go really slow and it won’t have much brakes either. To get strong brakes, you need powerful motors.

If you get the 107mm wheels you will probably be okay. Around here I have the worst roads you can imagine and I get around fine on them. You will learn where all the obstacles are as you ride.

For that price you need to get a regular, non-electric longboard. You can get a really, really good one for that price.

1 Like

This is really odd to me and it look very heavy

you can build a smaller lighter board with enough power by your own, but you will not come far with your budget you ready to spend.

1 Like

but i cant do hills without power…i dont need to go fast, but like 10/15 km/h going up would be perfect

can i post links? i found this

it said 15% climbs and it s only 200 euros

You’re right at about the bare minimum for a DIY esk8, and that’s if you don’t make any mistakes.

See

plus a @Boardnamics motor mount

3 Likes

Anything cheap with motors inside the wheels like that is going to break right away and you can’t fix it without replacing every single piece on the entire board except the deck

So you will spend more to keep that running than if you just got a good one

1 Like

Yes. Eventually we all fall one way or another

1 Like

Ok, I think i get that…I dont have time or experience to build one, I dont want to spend much money on it since it might be too dangerous in my city, i have to try… I guess I ll go for the 1000W motor (500*2), hopefully it will work and wont brake too soon. Thanks for the advices!